How to have two installations of Windows OS in single drive?

I m student
I want to know how to sav two differ window in a single drive

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread title changed to something better.
  • chotaprogramer
    chotaprogramer
    The_Big_K
    Thread title changed to something better.
    what is this explain me
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    chotaprogramer
    what is this explain me
    Sure. The title you had entered for this thread was something like "plz help me", which does not give any idea to the reader about the contents of the thread. I believe a title like "How to have two installations of Windows OS in single drive?" gives a better idea about the contents of the thread than "plz help me".

A better title attracts more responses. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Which two versions do you intend to have?
    Always, install the older version first, and then install the newer version.
    For example, if you wish to have Windows XP and windows vista, then first install XP and then install Vista. While installing vista, when it asks whether to upgrade or do a fresh installation, select fresh installation and install it in a new drive.
    That's all about it.
    You can also throw in a Linux distro to go with it. It's all limited by your hard disk space. I once had three OS's running in my computer, although now I only have one. I once had winXP, Vista and Ubuntu simultaneously in my PC.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    It is possible to install the windows and ubuntu in a single drive.....Which of the two windows systems (like xp,2003,vista..)do you want to install in a single drive?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What exactly do you mean by single drive? Physical or logically partitioned physical drive?
  • chotaprogramer
    chotaprogramer
    i have two window in my laptop
    windows xp and vista both are in differ drives
    but i want to install both in a single drive
    what should do for this
  • chotaprogramer
    chotaprogramer
    thanks to your advice i will take care next time
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    ms_cs
    It is possible to install the windows and ubuntu in a single drive.....Which of the two windows systems (like xp,2003,vista..)do you want to install in a single drive?
    Yes it is. Use the latest version of Ubuntu it can be started through windows! Check the Ubuntu forums for further help.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    chotaprogramer
    i have two window in my laptop
    windows xp and vista both are in differ drives
    but i want to install both in a single drive
    what should do for this

XP and Vista can not be installed in the same physical drive.

tech Savveys, Correct me If i am wrong ๐Ÿ˜

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Ummm, I have never done this, but I believe it can be done. Well, theoretically at least - if you can manage the boot partition records. What say, eh? Or am I mistaken?
  • safwan
    safwan
    according to my experience i have tryed xp and vista on same pc but ont on same derive i installed firest xp and then cista so i got it working properly but if you install vista and then xp only xp will starts.
  • rohitvishnu
    rohitvishnu
    i dont think so you can install 2 os in a single drive ..when u install the second one the old one becomes windows.old and the system will only boot from the new windows..

this makes sense because wen u install the 2nd os particularly both windows then the program files and other folders will conflict.

i have tried it.u can acess the old windows files though,.

๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Ceans, This thread is due to the requset of some fellow CEans, to teach basic robotics. I'm not an expert in robotics, but i do know something in it,...
Here's wishing CEan Jatin Phoenix - ๐Ÿ˜VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAYโ€‹๐Ÿ˜ May your dreams come true!โ€‹
what is diffrence amoung x=25; x=x++ + ++x; and cout<
Hello, My company is currently looking for an experienced electronics engineer to continue a project for a battery management system (preferably in the general New York City area). If you...
could someone help me about this folder option because I accidentally hid my folder in my drive d.. and I can't unhide it because I can't see it at the...