How To Have Faith In Yourself?

It's a common advise to have a faith in yourself. But having a faith in oneself is one of the most difficult and misunderstood things. So, how can one really go about having a faith in him/her self?

I've been thinking about it for the past few minutes and decided to put my thoughts in this post. I think there are few realizations one must make to restore faith in yourself.

1. You can't change your past:

Unless some CEan invents a time machine, none of us will be able to change our past. You didn't pay attention in school, didn't score good marks, did not participate in extra-curricular activities, killed time, didn't make good friends, developed bad habits and whatever that you sometimes think you shouldn't have done. Why not accept the fact that what's been done is done and there's no way it can be changed?

Well, the point is obvious but not many accept this simple fact - past cannot be changed. There are people who perpetually keep blaming their past for their present situation. This blaming doesn't do any good except ruining your present which in turn ruins your immediate future. Think about it.

What's been done, is done. Nothing can be done about it. Accept it.

2. Making the most out of present.

Having realized that nothing can be done about the past, it's time to understand that we cannot let the past take control of our present. Lot of people physically exist in present but their minds are always in the past. A serious mistake, if you ask me.

It's common sense. You must learn to extract the MOST out of your present. Look, what you do today is going to be responsible for your future. Believing in yourself is mostly about living in present, thinking in present and keeping an eye on the future.

You lose believe in yourself when you think you aren't in control of anything - the things you cannot change [past]. But we always forget that we CAN BE in control of our future - and it's determined by our actions today. If you repeat this thought in your mind every-day; it will restore faith in yourself.

Let me explain with an example: If you're an engineering student worried about getting a job; think about what's the cause of your worries. Is it the fear that you'll get rejected because of your poor marks in engineering exams? Or something else? Then think what can you do at present to fix that problem? Can you master your engineering knowledge over the next two months if you start preparing today? Challenge yourself! Then, just do it!

3. The fact that you are 'nobody' yet.

I don't mean to disrespect you but the point is, you shouldn't worry about failure. Probably, the only people know you are your neighbors & relatives who are very limited in numbers. So if you fail in anything - it'll be known to only the limited people around you. Why make them more important than they really are? Don't let their words disturb you.

The biggest criticism you should take seriously should come from within you. Your inner criticism should act as a fire in steam engine - to power you and not to depress you. Have some realistic expectations from yourself and do something about it. If you fail, let the critic inside you tell you what you did wrong.

Don't be afraid of failures. People will say good/bad things no matter what you do. I personally have experienced this throughout my career as an entrepreneur. The people who once blamed you will applaud you for your achievements. Yes, it's hard, but it has to be accepted.

Let the fact "You're Nobody" act as a rocket launcher for you to be "The One".

4. Have a goal:

I don't have enough words to describe how important it is to have a goal for yourself in restoring your faith. Your goal can be anything - but you MUST put a strict time-limit to it. Once that is done, let all the negative and positive powers drive you towards it. You will feel fantastic about yourself. You won't be lazy anymore. You will love yourself and start believing in yourself.

For example, your goal could be to top the next college exam or crack the next company visiting your campus for recruitment. Now, assuming you've 15 days time limit to achieve the goal; you can setup a strict schedule for yourself. First thing is figuring out what's needed and making a plan without wasting lot of time on it. Second thing is to sacrifice the things you love doing the most like "wasting time on Facebook". Third thing is to start acting on your plan WITHOUT thinking about the outcome. Your focus should be on preparation and the plan you've set for yourself. Miss all those sporting events, miss all those friend parties and everything. Enjoy working on your plan, enjoy what you're doing and do your best making the most out of present.

99% of the times, the outcome will be pleasantly surprising.

5. You're awesome:

No matter how you've done so far in life, you're still awesome and better than thousands of others. It's a fact and you know it. You just did not pay attention to it. All you have to do is focus on becoming more awesome.

The crux of all of the above is that you should not waste your time in focusing on things you can't control or are negative. Having a faith in yourself is all about choice.

PS: I've just posted a draft without proof-reading it before posting. Ignore the mistakes, please. πŸ˜€

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Incredible tips from the Good Administrator. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Thanks for jotting those points down for all to read. I am sure the masses will be benefited from this useful piece of advice.
  • nenuadwani
    nenuadwani
    this is a good thing. i liked it.and hope others will like it too....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Feel free to click the 'Like' button and share it with your friends on Facebook πŸ˜›
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    nice tips biggie....really inspiring....!!
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    biggie i am completely agrre with you. If we keep these points in mind really we can't find the word "tension" in dictionary of our life.
    Really these are the most important points to get success in life.
    Actually the problem is that whenever we think about our future we always think -
    if this will not done, then? if i wouldn't got it in future, then...? and many other things like this.
    It's the only reasion for our fearness about our future. We should do as much can we do to get our goals. As it's said in the Hindus holly book
    Geeta-"Do your work, never get bothered about the results".
    If we did any work and don't get the results that we were accepting from it, never get depressed. Because may be we will get better results than our acceptations or may be our work will become a reason for another person's success. Because one's efforts never got wasted. Sooner or later it results. 😎 😁
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Geeta-"Do your work, never get bothered about the results".
    This is a very inspiring quote

My mom always make me remember this quote whenever i feel sad ,disappointed from the results
  • Reya
    Reya
    You lose believe in yourself when you think you aren't in control of anything - the things you cannot change [past]. But we always forget that we CAN BE in control of our future - and it's determined by our actions today. If you repeat this thought in your mind every-day; it will restore faith in yourself.

No matter how you've done so far in life, you're still awesome and better than thousands of others. It's a fact and you know it. You just did not pay attention to it. All you have to do is focus on becoming more awesome.

Got inspired by these lines so much..thanks biggie for posting such an inspirational linesπŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    One of the best post πŸ˜€ in this Forum read so far.
    Thanks Biggie for sharing such those valuable points with us,hope lots of new aspirations will come up from every CEan and will follow the same .
  • TheV
    TheV
    In a single word.....Our Admin is "best".😁😁😁
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Nice post biggie πŸ˜€

Following them makes a successful person, its hard but its possible.
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    You could be called a Philosopher, a good one at that!

Really nice points mentioned, each absolutely agreeable. 😁
  • YOUNGGRASSHOPPER
    YOUNGGRASSHOPPER
    I can relate 100% Big K! Very well done. Thanks for shareing this post. It seems that everyone gets cought up in the past at some point in time or another. If we let it way us down it can become like an anchor with heavy chains. I heard a saying once that goes like this "If you live with one foot in the future and one foot in the past you will piss all over today".
    Thanks again Big K. πŸ˜€
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Thank you Admin. The 3rd point goes with my philosophy...
    Someone has rightly said: "You are your biggest critic."πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • khaled hamza
    khaled hamza
    nice post , thank you for these info.
  • manishks
    manishks
    One of the best post for sure!

I would like to add a point which I think would help you to keep faith in yourself!
    ALWAYS THINK OF SUCCESS YOU GOT IN PAST
    Always think of success you got in past, like the medals you got or when your boss/ teacher praised your work. This brings out positivity in you and helps to boost your self
    confidence and hence the faith in yourself!
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    nice tips thanks friends
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hey biggie you can add one more point to this post "To celebrate small successes" ,What say? 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why are some boilers top supported while others bottom supported? What decides this?
MPFI stands for Multi Point Fuel Injection p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } This is a type of Petrol Injection System in which the carburettor is replaced by Petrol Injection to...
"Technical Wizards" are what they called. (I love that term ) Walt Disney coined the term *Imagineer* and it has stuck with the Engineers are Disney ever since. Walt Disney...
Hi All, I am working on one project need your help. let me make it simple. since, you may not be interested in long story. I have a circuit its...
Hey , Me looking for an idea to reduce electricity theft....... As in our country it is more...... Me working on some ideas....... If you have any idea reply to...