How to handle variable number of request parameters in PHP (or any other server side script) ?

To quote a familiar example, consider uploading multiple photos in facebook:

We upload a random number of photos, and after upload they all show up in the same page. We can add captions to any or all of them. And this is all saved together.

Now consider how the request is sent when we hit the 'Save' button.
If each picture has, say, 2 features (caption, location) and there are N pictures, 2*N POST/GET variables are sent to the server.

My question is, how to properly handle such variable number of parameters by properly distinguishing them?

Here is a better example:
Consider all photos in an album are displayed. We can tick any or all of the photos and hit delete. So how do we determine which images are ticked efficiently at the server side?

(Hope the question is clear!)

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

OK, so I have a round called 'google junkie' in my college fest. We are basically supposed to add a word to the word given to us by the organizer,...
I am doing project on CBIR in .net in the first step i am going to extract text description present in the .tiff image files I used ocrtools to extract...
Name: Yogita Gaur Engineering Trade:Computer Science Location: I live in Bhankrota which comes in Jaipur city which comes in Rajasthan state in India . Occupation: student of B.Tech (4th year)...
hello friends, this is Shiv Gopal Yadav Project Associate I.I.T. Kanpur
CEans, We're totally excited and chilled to announce "Absolute Zero" - Engineering Humor @ −273.15°C : Our weekly comic strip! Why a strip like this? Well, we wanted to take...