View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12933 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Ganesh MSD
Ganesh MSD • Mar 23, 2013

How to hack wifi password??

Any methods for simple wifi hacking..!!
If you are asking for fun , then there is a software named cain and abel, you can use, mark my words, just for fun 😀
babumoshaaye
babumoshaaye • Mar 23, 2013
Cain and Abel is a great tool. Also if you're on linux, aircrack-ng is the best package you'll ever get. But be aware that gaining restricted access is illegal and if discovered is punishable. Mind that!
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Mar 23, 2013
A more appropriate discussion would be how do we secure our networks from these tools? To the best of my knowledge, aircrack and cain & able use brute force to crack passwords. Is that correct?
avii
avii • Mar 24, 2013
Kaustubh Katdare
A more appropriate discussion would be how do we secure our networks from these tools? To the best of my knowledge, aircrack and cain & able use brute force to crack passwords. Is that correct?
Yes. Usually these tools maintain a dictionary & keep on matching. If password is weak, it will be matched quickly. Keep a strong password for WiFi, something like :

=$7hyJp=Mgs}2Kc/8,-2$q>,'
It should do the trick 😛
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Mar 24, 2013
avii
Yes. Usually these tools maintain a dictionary & keep on matching. If password is weak, it will be matched quickly. Keep a strong password for WiFi, something like :

=$7hyJp=Mgs}2Kc/8,-2$q>,'
It should do the trick 😛
Yeah, a combination of A-z, ~-+= (special chars), and numbers and spaces would make the password almost impossible to crack.
babumoshaaye
babumoshaaye • Mar 24, 2013
Aircrack captures packets and then analyzes the data in them decrypting the requests and responses. Cain and abel uses brute force.
Ganesh MSD
Ganesh MSD • Mar 24, 2013
goyal420
If you are asking for fun , then there is a software named cain and abel, you can use, mark my words, just for fun 😀
Thanks friend...!!
Ganesh MSD
Ganesh MSD • Mar 24, 2013
Ya right
babumoshaaye
Cain and Abel is a great tool. Also if you're on linux, aircrack-ng is the best package you'll ever get. But be aware that gaining restricted access is illegal and if discovered is punishable. Mind that!
Ya right...!! I just want to know how to access wifi that's why...!!

Share this content on your social channels -