How to get into Infosys? - My experience

Yesterday I got selected in Infosys. Their process of selection was simple - Reasoning Test, English Test, Interview

The Reasoning test consisted of 30 questions to be solved in 40 minutes. The questions were simple (some of the question were lengthy though). It consisted of questions of type - Data Interpretation, Speed Time & Distance, Profit Loss, Cube Painting problems. There were very few math questions.

The English test comprised of 40 questions to be solved in 35 minutes. The types of questions were - mostly correcting wrong sentences. There were two passages, one was quite long, which was written in slightly difficult English (the context was Biblical - God, Satan, and Jupiter as our future Sun). There were a lot of fill-in-the-blank questions too (pick the correct word based on context).

Out of about 900 people who appeared from 5 colleges, about 145 were shortlisted for interviews.

Then came the interview,

Me : May I come in Sir?
Him : Yes, please come in.
Me : Good afternoon Sir, (told him my name). Here is my resume.
Him : (After going through my resume) What happened in 3rd and 4th semesters, you scored less?
Me : I honestly told him that I could not study well because of (blah blah) problems.
Him : Hmm.. you have to keep your problems aside when it comes to study and work. Did you work hard to improve upon your percentage?
Me : Definitely, if you go through the scores of later semesters, I've scored better than the previous ones.
Him : What about your programming skills? What is the difference between C and C++?
Me : (I thought.. what an easy question!) The major difference is that C++ is an OO language whereas C is a procedural language. Sir, regarding my programming skills, I along with 4 students built a project named Virtual 8085; which is an interpreter for the 8085 assembly language. I played a major role in programming part of that project.
Him : Good. (He saw my aptitude paper and said) Your reasoning part is quite weak. You must improve your logical reasoning, it is a must in programming. Keep on learning...(told me that we should always learn, that he is so old and still learning from we younger people).
Me : Definitely I'll work on that. Sir.
Him : Who is the current CEO, and the current Chairman of Infosys?
Me : (Told him)
Him : What is the punch line of Infosys?
Me : (Told him)
Him : (He asked me about my mom and dad)
Me : (Told him honestly)
Him : Thank you, and all the best (shook hands with me)
Me : Thank you Sir!

Thats all!
From about 145 candidates shortlisted, about 125 were selected.

Remember that before you enter the interviewer's cabin go through all the details of Infosys, its key people, and all other stuff. Expect very easy technical questions (very very easy), and questions based on your project, and scenarios like "what will you do if you have 1 crore rupees?, how will you organize a cultural event?". Those who were very bad in English, scared, not looking confident, ill dressed, were rejected. Interview was quite easy. It is easy to get into Infosys! ๐Ÿ˜€

I hope this is helpful!

And yes, thank you CrazyEngineers for your free mock aptitude tests and interview tips - Helped me a lot ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Congratulations Gaurav. Now your Tips can be useful to others.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I appeared and got selected in Infosys (I had 3.5 years of experience in IT, back then ๐Ÿ˜€ ). My interview was a mix of technical questions and HR questions and both the interviewers were very nice. The discussion revolved around my 6 months gap after I quit my earlier job and how I utilized it.

PS: I didn't join Infosys. I joined another company (not for *money*, mind you!) for few months before making CE a full time activity ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Congrats Gaurav!
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Congrats gaurav. As you said in apti exam there were ques on Time & Distance, Profit Loss etc?? was it? Because i heard there will be no questions on quant in infy papers and paper contains questions on reasoning only like puzzles etc
  • Reya
    Reya
    Congratulations. Are you going to join?
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    congrats gaurav...
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    congrats gaurav ๐Ÿ˜€
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Congrats Gaurav. I find my friend's interview and your interview very similar. He was selected in 2010. I think they they follow the same pattern of questions every year.๐Ÿ˜
  • gauravkumar
    gauravkumar
    born_star16
    Congrats Gaurav. I find my friend's interview and your interview very similar. He was selected in 2010. I think they they follow the same pattern of questions every year.๐Ÿ˜
    Yes they do.I appeared in infy test on 7th sep,the interview was quite easy however the result is yet to be declared.The easiest company to get placed in.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Thank you everyone!

*pushkar*
    Congrats gaurav. As you said in apti exam there were ques on Time & Distance, Profit Loss etc?? was it? Because i heard there will be no questions on quant in infy papers and paper contains questions on reasoning only like puzzles etc
    Yes there was one question on Speed Time Dist., and one on Profit loss.

Reya
    Congratulations. Are you going to join?
    As of now, yes.

gauravkumar
    Yes they do.I appeared in infy test on 7th sep,the interview was quite easy however the result is yet to be declared.The easiest company to get placed in.
    Easiest? um.. may be, but many find the aptitude test quite difficult.
  • Jayesh.V
    Jayesh.V
    gratz dude ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Baba ryan
    Baba ryan
    Congrats gaurav.
    I am new her, can smeone help me out where will I get "free mock aptitude tests" ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Crazy Engineers.. I'm planning to design a Wheelchair controlled by a remote wirelessly. 1. What are the Parameters should i be aware of? 2. If I'm going to stimulate...
New nanostructured glass for imaging and recording :: University of Southampton
National Geographic Live! Now Streaming on FORA.tv
Hi dis is Pooja. .๐Ÿ˜€ m doing my final yr computer science. so i request anyone to suggest a project on networks or web. . plz do help me. ....
A random sample of 200 adults is classified is below according to gender and level of education attained [TABLE="class: grid"] [TR] [TD]Education[/TD] [TD]Male[/TD] [TD]Female[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Elementary[/TD] [TD]38[/TD] [TD]45[/TD] [/TR]...