How to get a job in a start-up as a fresher without proper coding knowledge?

As a fresher how can we get a job in a start-up with limited coding knowledge

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

That's a very interesting question. First of all, not all startups actually need software developers. You can apply to various roles in finance, HR, marketing or even software testing which do not require coding knowledge.

However, if you are applying for a software developer job - there are very thin chances that you will actually make it. You haven't mentioned any information about the startup you are applying to and the kind of job and relevant responsibilities that will be shared by the selected candidate. 

In general, my advise is that if you want to get into a developer role and do not know programming very well, you might just start honing your coding skills. The first thing to do would be to create a profile on GITHUB and build a repository of your code. You will need to demonstrate expertise in the programming language or tool that the startup uses. 

By having a repository to show to the interviewers, you will not only impress them; but also increase your chances of getting hired by 10x. Think about it - even if you get selected (I'm just imagining a situation) - there won't be any people who will hand-hold you and teach you how to write code. 

Startups typically are fast moving and need self-learners who can find solutions to the problems on their own. Everyone working in a startup company will have their hands full on with multiple responsibilities and strict deadlines. It'd be super impossible to survive in such an environment if you aren't already familiar with coding.

Start learning to code and keep in mind that it's not that difficult. There are plenty of resources available on the Internet that can teach you how to code. I'll also recommend opting for a few paid courses that are really good. If you are committed - you can actually pick up programming in 2-3 months of time. It's quite possible. 

I'm not sure if that actually helps you. Let me know if it does not. It'd be nice if you could elaborate your question a bit in more detail.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

? It's been my dream for long. I just want to set my goals right. Any inputs, engineers?
Let s and t be two vertices in a undirected graph G=(V,E) having distinct positive edge weights. Let [X,Y] be a partition of V such that s∈X and t∈Y. Consider...
Hello, I have a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (3.73 GPA) and want to pursue graduate school in engineering. I have never taken a single engineering course before.What engineering discipline...
By a suitable example .... examination point of view...
I want the idea of making a combine harvester .which can be Ox drawn  and can be used to harvest crops such as maize .wheat, soya beans and other  and...