How to Get a Job at NASA? (For Engineers)

Whenever I picturize NASA, I see a few hundred scientists working around day and night.
But there must be a lot of engineers (especially aeronautical, mechanical, electrical and computer trades) that build software and hardware.

This thread is for discussing the details of getting recruited at NASA.

Do share some useful information.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    NASA is said to be a world class organization, so the very top people from the very top universities compete against each other to get to work there.
    I am sure it's not an easy task to get to work at NASA. It would be interesting to know how engineers are selected.

Any NASA engineers here?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I read that they accept mostly doctoral degree holders with significant expertise and exposure to research. Atleast a Masters degree with exemplary academic attainments and research accomplishments is recommended by experts.
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Sorry for this irrelevant post, but whenever NASA is mentioned, all I recall is all Dan Brown's Novels! ๐Ÿ˜
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    Good to see more people who are interested in NASA ๐Ÿ˜€ I was highly enticing to read anything that was NASA or Universe, as a child. I always wanted to become an astronaut until I got bespectacled ๐Ÿ˜”

We had the director of some department (the dept in charge of manned flight to mars) from NASA visit our school back in 2003-04. During his seminar, he gave us an inside look of what goes on in and around NASA. Those people are highly professional and very dedicated towards their work.

The thing that impressed me was his presentation in which he showed us an animation that was made and played using MATLAB.

Anyways coming to the point,
    #-Link-Snipped-# - check this for learning more about jobs and the working environment with NASA

#-Link-Snipped-# - will answer some questions about getting a job with the NASA.

both are informative links from NASA's main site.

For information about space related activities check out
    NASA - the official NASA site

#-Link-Snipped-# - wonderful site associated with related people like the legendary Carl Sagan (co founder of the site) with lots of information and contests and stuff directly related to space explorations and NASA activities. It used to be my browser homepage for many a year. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Good work optimystix. I want to subscribe to this thread for more information.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Good job Opty, This is very useful links.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ISRO has a Centralised Recruiment Board for giving jobs. Check their web page for Job opportunities: Welcome To ISRO :: Job Opportunities Also, give some useful information regarding the recruitment...
What is the procedure by Accenture for recruitment at the role of Graduate Software Engineer?
Benjamin Stephens is a Ph.D. student in the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University. He is originally from Oklahoma, but received his undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering at Northwestern University....
Pete Warden and Alasdair Allan talking about how they discovered the existence of the tracking database on the iPhone, and what it might mean. Also how they went about exploring...
I am a BIG Fan of videos by Google. They are colorful and simple to understand. White backgrounds behind the main objects is a typical trait of all Google videos....