How to: from unemployed fresher to employed?

I have 56% computer Engineering, Pune university.
Most of companies asks for 60% so I could sit only for 3 aptitude tests.
Out of which one I failed, one I cleared but interview was bad and 3rd was declare invalid due to mass copying 😔

what do people who do not get placed through campus placements, do to get a job?
I have read about fresher walkins. Any methods to know when the walkin's are open? any urls showing list of fresher walkin in Pune? dont say google it ffs.

OR
must I do some certification(JAVA etc) ? will it help or what?

help out a noob here pls.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    attend walk throughs.
    Keep abreast of all the latest walk through avaialble.
    continuosly prepare .
    never lose hope.
    or finally

start up your own business.

P.S: i got into my company through a walk through. there were no campus placements in my college then
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Attending walk-ins is your best bet along with uploading your resume to all the popular job portals.

But even before that, you will have to have a solid command over the basic math and reasoning skills along with your graduation topics. So when you get the next opportunity, you grab it.

start up your own business.
    I object seriously. Never start a business because you can't get placed through campus placement. It would seriously turn against you if you are not passionate about entrepreneurship. Instead, keep looking for jobs - because there are plenty of them.

One of my friends, took up a teaching job with a local computer institute and worked there for about 1.5 years. He then applied for jobs - and guess what, he exceeded all interviewers' expectations.

I'd also advise you to look for jobs with startups. If you can prove them that you have the right technical knowledge, they'll be happy to offer you a job. Your struggle is limited to entering into IT and no matter which door you take, you can always look for better perspectives in an year or two.

If everything fails, opt for higher education, you will spend about two years learning more and then your prospects for better job go up.

I hope this helps. Ask if you have more questions.

PS: Keep watch on CE. Our members keep on posting information about latest walk-ins.
  • Manish Sehgal
    Manish Sehgal
    qwerty321
    I have read about fresher walkins. Any methods to know when the walkin's are open? any urls showing list of fresher walkin in Pune? dont say google it ffs.
    I also want to ask the same Question. Where should we see where are the Open campuses are there or Walk-in.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the best place would be CE's Jobs section. I appeal all our members to keep posting all the information about latest walk-ins.
  • n090985
    n090985
    The_Big_K
    Well, the best place would be CE's Jobs section. I appeal all our members to keep posting all the information about latest walk-ins.
    WHERE IS CE's JOB SECTION ..IS THERE A PARTICULAR SECTION FOR IT
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, the section where this thread is posted in is the job section. Just keep a lookout for any opportunities.

Just apply to as many companies or institutes as possible. Don't be too choosy! Your first job may not be your dream one, but its the experience that counts. Like in Biggie's example, after a while you can find a more suitable job (with the experience from the previous one to back you up).

I applied to nearly 20 companies before one opportunity came 😛 You can check the websites of companies that are in your area and just send your resume to the HR. Or just walk to any one and ask if there are any opportunities.. persistence pays off!
  • alfredjoaquin
    alfredjoaquin
    Hi dude,
    Don't worry you will definitely get a job and don't be disappointed and discouraged.Since you are from the computers stream you should just concentrate on the languages like C,C++,JAVA.Once you are perfect in that, try for all the jobs that you are eligible.Since your percentage is less you should not sit on the jobs having big profiles.Once you got experience in the particular field you will be welcomed by the bigger companies.

All the best my friend.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The first test started in Nagpur! I saw we hijack loong thread for the cricket posts 😀 So here is the thread to post the updates! SA- 128/2 in 45...
hi friends... there is an issue going on in our state, AndhraPradesh. whether to give a separate state for "telangana", a region in our state. may be you have heard...
DCE has organised a technical fest. in their campus. Also there are lots of other competitions online. those interested can log on to Phoenix 10 - Countdown Begins every information...
hi i am doing second year B.Tech Electronics Design and Manufacturing in IIITD&M Kancheepuram. I would like to do an internship this summer. Can any of you help me in...
hello people. this is my first post at CE, i dont know if this topic has been discussed earlier. in case it has been, please post me the link of...