how to found break point of railway tracks

plese friends gvie me some ideas regording to ,how to found the brack off railway tarcks.............

Replies

• everett.pattison
    everett.pattison
    Could you please give us more information? Are you trying to make a device that will measure when a railroad track is about to break? Anything more you tell us will allow us to better help you.
  • venueee
    venueee
    yes sir,am asking about how to found the broking poing of railway tracks.........can you know any one techinque
  • venueee
    venueee
    i have one idea.........so that am asking
  • everett.pattison
    everett.pattison
    You could use a force transducer connected to a computer or micro controller. You could place the force sensor beneath the piece of railway track then apply force to it til it breaks and measure it at that point.
  • venueee
    venueee
    i have one ide!that is, we are manufacture the railway track with small power transmission electrical wire ......it is along witth in the track ,we can put a signal lights at every 5km distance...when the train driver identifies it then take care............i think its very use full and better.......any one plese give me some suggitions.........
  • everett.pattison
    everett.pattison
    Sorry I thought you meant how much force it would take to break a railway track, my mistake.

There are devices that are available to measure the distance to an open in a wire. You can read about them here: Time Domain Reflectometer

So like you said you could have a wire going along with the railway track and measure if there is an open circuit anywhere along the track. I'm not sure how much distance these devices can measure so you will have to do a little more research.
  • venueee
    venueee
    yes ,your correct but that wire is along with the track......every 5km we will put a signal point ............
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    Railway track is already a conductor. All you got to do is send some spike voltages periodically and check the continuity of the track.
    But this may not be an efficient one.

venueee
    yes ,your correct but that wire is along with the track......every 5km we will put a signal point ............
  • everett.pattison
    everett.pattison
    5km is a very long distance to try and find an open along a wire. How would you setup the wire? If the wire is in series, and the line breaks, all the lights will go out. You would have to set them up in parallel.
  • venueee
    venueee
    yes,but hear continuce power supply is giving to the wire so ,if any break occured then immediatly ,we can get the signal

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Friends, We have always thought and heard about hybrid bikes and hybrid cars. Any guesses about Hybrid Housing? ๐Ÿ˜ Read this "Hybrid" Moves Into Housing
While searching for different topics, I came across this article. Do share your opinion about Nanotechnology. ๐Ÿ˜€ It also deals with nanotech development and job creation Science|Business - The media...
Guess what? OK just read it. We all need this right? Go through it. ๐Ÿ˜€ Enjoy the news EneR Event 2011 - 1st International Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Trade...
This car does the job of trees. ๐Ÿ˜€ It absorbs carbon dioxide and give out oxygen. ๐Ÿ˜€ Vieria concept car inhales air pollution and emits clean air | DVICE
I came across this article regarding metamaterials! So many gadgets! ๐Ÿ‘ PA Scientists Make Something Out of Nothing With Metamaterials