How to find for the copied articles?

Hello CE'ans ๐Ÿ˜€
I was wondering, is there any way by which, we can find for copied Articles?
For eg:
We are having any paper-presentation competition in college, and we want "the original" content from all the participants.
Is there any way, we can find it for copied source? Any help or tool on internet?

That was about the text we have in Word Docs. But, how to find for copied content of websites?
Is there any tool?
Any help is appreciated.. ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just do a random string search in Google. Copy few lines of text from the paper and paste them in Google.
  • imhere
    imhere
    Okay. ๐Ÿ˜€
    And what about any website page? If we want to see whether it is copied from other websites?
    Is there any tool or something?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Google will tell you whether the content has been copied from other websites.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    There are plagiarism checking websites such as:
    www.plagiarismchecker.com
    Plagiarism Checker

Either you paste in the content or give the website URL, and you are done! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Copyscape is another website that checks for content copy paste ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Good to know that you are verifying the sources. ๐Ÿ˜€ So, did it work out well?
  • SKsinha
    SKsinha
    Copyscape is the most trusted or mostly used for detection of copied article.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SKsinha
    Copyscape is the most trusted or mostly used for detection of copied article.
    Right; but it has its own limitations. I've developed a sight that quickly tells me whether the content has been copied or not. I'm quite used to the way people write and use the language. It turns out that I can find copy with over 80% accuracy.
  • ysr shk
    ysr shk
    But what if.Some answers or something which is similar everywhere.
    For example if you take any computer languages.
    Its syntax and its demo programs are almost same.Or some technology where most of words and sentences are same.

Even though it is self-created ,it is considered as a copied material.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    ysr shk
    But what if.Some answers or something which is similar everywhere.
    For example if you take any computer languages.
    Its syntax and its demo programs are almost same.Or some technology where most of words and sentences are same.

Even though it is self-created ,it is considered as a copied material.
    For these things you cannot apply this kind of checks... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • ysr shk
    ysr shk
    but suppose I am the participant of competition and the organizer can be check.So is there any way to preserve our right.
  • SKsinha
    SKsinha
    Definitions, syntax can not be taken a copied, you can not rewrite Newton's laws for avoiding copying but the explanation around it should not be a copy.
  • ysr shk
    ysr shk
    Ok. Thank you for information.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

tgeltaayehxnx - is the mysterious keyword Samsung's people have thrown at us through their official twitter channel. What is it? Well the tweet reads "Destination: tgeltaayehxnx". A little inspection reveals...
https://ibnlive.in.com/blogs/rajengarabadu/707/63384/goa-cm-flies-the-way-you-and-i-do.html He would make a good addition to CE.
https://www.instructables.com/id/You-Can-Do-THAT-with-a-KIndle-Touch/ I am still not an eReader chap, even though my kids do occasionally try to get me to use one. I still prefer my old fashioned, bulky hand books,...
Hello , I want to create a query where in there are following columns Parent Id,Child Id ,Name,Levels .. I have written following query to it. WITH RESULT (PARENT,CHILD,TNAME,LEVEL) AS...
Consider the declaration below: typedef char *Str_typed; #define Str_defined char* Str_typed s1, s2; Str_defined s3, s4; Which one of the following statements is correct? I. s1, s2, s3 and s4...