How to fetch data from existing table using PHP while I'm using XAMPP

Hi The_Big_k,

I'm fresher in PHP and I want to learn PHP very well..............Please help.........

I'm facing problem to fetch data from my existing table using below code:

mysql_select_db("my_db",$con);

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Persons");

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
echo $row['FirstName'] . " " . $row['LastName'];
echo "
"; } mysql_free_result($result);
And the Browser displayed the below error message

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\learn\selectData.php on line 25

Replies

• Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    The warning you are getting shows that the query you tried to execute is facing some error and thus $result variable is storing FALSE and mysql_fetch_array() is getting a boolean as a parameter.To check for the error in query,use mysql_error() and tell us what browser displays.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I think your table might not have any rows, hence the boolean variable being returned (false).

Typically before running the mysql_fetch_array() method, always check with mysql_num_rows($result) > 0 condition.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    This error will only come if sql query is not proper

Is the table named Persons exists in DB?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

RoboCop- A Robot which will behave like the original traffic police, that can detect any speeding car exceeding threshold speed, can detect the direction in which the speeding went, will...
hey... i am Fatma Amer from Egypt i'm student at computers & system department at Faculty of Engineering at Minia University i have 1 & half year to finish my...
It's most effortless video downloading method from Youtube : Step : - Open Terminal & Type sudo apt-get install youtube-dl - Now open Youtube.com & copy the Video URL. -...
Hello, Everyone I am a software engineer, I have done MCA and certification in Java, Php from Vskills Certification. How can i benefit from this forum.
why surface roughness is greater in hot rolled parts than cold rolled parts..................@@@@@@@@@##########%%%%%%%%%%%%%%?% answer as early as possible..... FINAL exam question..........