How to export Orkut data?

Google has officially announced the End Of Life for Orkut - the once-upon-a-time popular social networking website that took almost entire online population of India and Brazil by storm. Since then, Facebook ate all of Orkut's lunch and became the biggest social networking site in the world, but Orkut kept breathing. Google allowed creating new accounts on Orkut; but has now formally announced that Orkut will no longer be accepting new signups.

The service itself will be dead by September 30, 2015. If you want to export your Orkut data, Google's providing a mechanism to do so through Google Takeout - the service that lets people gain charge of their own information available with Google. Following are the steps to export your data out of Orkut using Google Takeout -
  • Head over to the #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Select the service you wish to export your data from, viz. "Orkut"
  • Click on 'Create Archive' button
  • It will take some time for the system to prepare your downloadable archive. The process usually completes within seconds, but may take minutes depending upon the size of the data you are archiving. You may choose to receive an alert through email when the archive is ready to be downloaded.
  • Download the archive, which will contain - Profile, Scraps, Testimonials, Activities and your photos.
Note that Google will allow you to download this information as many times as you want, without any restriction. Note that the last date of downloading your information from Google Takout is September 2016, which is quite a long time, should your Orkut information matters to you.

Google will focus on building their new social network called Google Plus. The G+ network has failed to take pace and compete with Facebook, which single handedly dominates the global social networking scene.

How many of you are exporting their data from Orkut? If you face and questions, feel free to discuss them with fellow CEans.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have done b.tech in computer science engineering,and my interest is only on networking field.i know very little basics of c programming.i always loved to study networking concepts during my...
Hi frds.... am a java developer,, eager in innovative projects development, since this site gave me a lot of innovative ideas, am expecting some help from u guys. Need to...
This is ridiculous, watch it : My reaction :
Inductors : Its just a coil of wire which offer resistance to flow of current through it. Consider a narrow channel of water flowing through it. It has a big...
Requesting all CEans to post their Android's Home Screen. Do mention launcher's name & icon theme too. Rolling the dice first : ​ Launcher Name : Trebuchet Icon Theme :...