CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@rama_krish627 • 05 Feb, 2009
Hi friends. Can any one tell me how to execute an applet program.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 05 Feb, 2009 Re: How to exicute an applet program written in java

rama_krish627
You'll have to embed it in HTML. Do you know how to do that?
@shalini_goel14 • 05 Feb, 2009 Re: How to exicute an applet program written in java

rama_krish627
Hi rama_krisha

Applets can be executed in 2 ways:

1. Executing the applet within a java-compatible web browser.
For this write html code that has APPLET tag.
   <applet code="[your java file name]" width=200 height=200>
   </applet>

Now simply run this file as a normal html file.

2. Using an applet viewer. Applet viewer executes your applet in a window. This is fastest and easiest way to test your applet.
In this make a separate file AppletHtml.html of same code as above.
  </applet>

Then run above file as following command:
C:\>appletviewer AppletHtml.html

3. Better is one more way which is more commonly use - Simply include a comment at the head of you Java file/program
/* 
   </applet>
*/

Then execute the appletviewer as told in point no2.

Hope I am correct and can be helpful .Others can correct me. 😀
@rama_krish627 • 07 Feb, 2009 Re: How to exicute an applet program written in java

ya it's working. but the last one is not working.
@shalini_goel14 • 07 Feb, 2009 Re: How to exicute an applet program written in java

rama_krish627
ya it's working. but the last one is not working.
Hi rama_krish,

What is not working? What steps you followed to do so. Better share your program here if you have no issues with it. 😀
@sookie • 21 Aug, 2009 Re: How to exicute an applet program written in java

Hi rama_krish627,

To make the last case working, you need to follow following three steps

Step # 1: Edit your Java source file.Add following lines of code in your java class file
/*
   </applet>
*/
Step # 2: Compile your program
Step # 3: Execute the appletviewer , specifying the name of your applet's source file. For eg., if your applet's source file(or your java program only) is in folder I:\JavaSrcCode then open command prompt ->switch to the location of your java(or applet ) source file-> type following command at it
I:\JavaSrcCode>appletviewer MyFirstApplet.java
8.6k views

Related Posts

@rukawa · Jul 20, 2014

Is there a C/C++ library that offers digital signal processing functions like qpsk modulation?
3.7k views

@Ankita Katdare · Sep 14, 2011

I have heard HCL Conducts 'Technical GD' 2 persons say a technical topic and get time to think for 10 mins and then candidates are asked to discuss it. Topics...
4.7k views

@Neha · Oct 28, 2006

"Honesty is the best policy." This sentence is one of those sentences being taught since our childhood but hardly 1/10 implements it. The question is in the present world of...
3k views

@kingatheek · Aug 10, 2009

hi, i am studying my b.e aeronautical... i need a quite a few good topics, so that i could successfully prepare and present my presentation...
10.4k views

@Pushpendra2911 · Jul 29, 2012

Discuss your rank and preferences to know about probability to get institute for choice!!
3.9k views