How to estimae total number of brick required

If I want to built a wall of say 10' X 10'. Considering the brick dimensions as 9"X4"X2.5" & wall width 1' (correct me if i am wrong in case of dimensions) , how many bricks will i require? You can change dimensions as per your convenience. FYI, I have to built a new house so to estimate the total bricks i need this calculation. If needed u can contact me on #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Santosh, this is based on simple mensuration.

First you need to find the total surface area of the house, then you need to determine how thick a wall you will need. That gives you the total brick volume.

Then just divide that by the individual volume of a brick. Ensure that both the quantities are of the same unit (Cubic CM is advised).

Round off to the nearest round figure to accommodate wastage and breakage.
  • engr.khawar
    engr.khawar
    hi my friend.first your dimensions for brick is worng.it is 9"x4.5"x3".now first u find the volume of brick.it is .0703 cu ft.now find the volume of your wall which is 10'x10'x1'=100 cu ft.the no of your bricks are 100/.0703=1423 bricks.so it is the no of bricks for 1 wall of dimensions of 10'x10'x1'.hope it will be answer.
  • VINAYAK PADMANE
    VINAYAK PADMANE
    Is there any standard set for brick calculation?(like for 1cum = 500 nos please reply me asap.)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello engineers i am new to CE .........I am very happy to join with uuuuuu.....................
Hai engineers , i am new to this CE . I am happy to join with u.....
I just came across this wonderful blog by the founder of India's #1 job portal - Naukri.com . Bikhchandani has few interesting posts that highlight the Indian entrepreneurship scenario. Update:...
Hi everyone my name is Richard Summer im a single parent I would like to share my experienced before 7 years and after that 7 years. Sounds weird right? Hope...
what is relay??? ​