CrazyEngineers
  • If I want to built a wall of say 10' X 10'. Considering the brick dimensions as 9"X4"X2.5" & wall width 1' (correct me if i am wrong in case of dimensions) , how many bricks will i require? You can change dimensions as per your convenience. FYI, I have to built a new house so to estimate the total bricks i need this calculation. If needed u can contact me on #-Link-Snipped-#
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberJan 27, 2008

Santosh, this is based on simple mensuration.

First you need to find the total surface area of the house, then you need to determine how thick a wall you will need. That gives you the total brick volume.

Then just divide that by the individual volume of a brick. Ensure that both the quantities are of the same unit (Cubic CM is advised).

Round off to the nearest round figure to accommodate wastage and breakage.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • engr.khawar

MemberFeb 16, 2008

hi my friend.first your dimensions for brick is worng.it is 9"x4.5"x3".now first u find the volume of brick.it is .0703 cu ft.now find the volume of your wall which is 10'x10'x1'=100 cu ft.the no of your bricks are 100/.0703=1423 bricks.so it is the no of bricks for 1 wall of dimensions of 10'x10'x1'.hope it will be answer.
    Cancel
  • VINAYAK PADMANE

MemberAug 3, 2016

Is there any standard set for brick calculation?(like for 1cum = 500 nos please reply me asap.)
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register