Replies

• pranavladkat
    pranavladkat
    waiting for replay...
    help appreciated
  • Wally
    Wally
    I might be able to help, Classic perfromance table:

Left Y axis scale off for tractive effort (driving force) and running resistance in kg (kn if you are so disposed)
    Right Y axis scale off for engine rpm (note the two Y axis' do not relate to one another.

x axis scale for vehicle speed kph

1. Plot vehicle speed versus tractive effort curves for each gear.

TE = engine torque * final drive ratio/rr

rr = rolling radius

The peaks on these curves are the maximum tractive effort point.

Draw a system tractive effort curve by using the outer tangents of each gear curve. This curve should be a smooth arc starting steep (high effort) at the short gear and shallowing out (low effort) on the longest gear (highest speed).

2. Plot rpm verus vehicle speed curves

0.377* rr * rpm/fdr
    rr = rolling radius of driven wheel
    fdr = final drive ratio (drive gear * rear axle ratio)

The vertical intercepts of lines drawn though these curves gives you an idea of the maginitude of loss in torque as you change down, or gain as you change up. Big magnitudes result in poor behaviour.

Gear selection should be based on maximum engine speed and maximum engine torque speed. Changing up form maximum engine speed should always result in engine speed greater than max engine torque speed.

3 Plot running resistance % curves. These are the sum of grade resistance, air resistance and rolling resistance in kg. These indicate the gradability of the vehicle e.g how it will take on hills, etc.

Running resistance is independent of the gears

Where the running resisitance 0% curve intersects the longest gear is the max speed.
  • pranavladkat
    pranavladkat
    Thanks man, I almost gave up this one
    THX

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hai guys i wan a read a best book on java programming the book should be on the basics of java programming
Did you know you can secure the data on the hard disk drives by hiding or locking them. In Windows, use the steps below to do just do it. Click...
Why does pen drive carry lots of viruses??๐Ÿ˜•
I've always wondered why lot of companies have complicated mission statements. Most of the mission statements I've read so far have been confusing. Do you think every company should have...
hello friends...i am to do a project on op amps n 555 timer...please shower some thoughts,ideas and links ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•