How to draw a straight line with pencil or pen & without a ruler

When drawing graphs, I've always wanted to draw a straight line without using a ruler. It looks like someone's already solved the problem -
18196_10151183535286840_1939428614_n

I'm however not really convinced whether this really works. What's your opinion?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    I'm however not really convinced whether this really works. What's your opinion?
    Nor I. Since it is a two point support (one is the pencil, the other the wheel) it will be easier than with just the pencil tip moving. However, one of the supports can act as a pivot around which the other rotates. The straight line will go West then.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    I guess we need to practice holding this whole thing properly so that we get a straight line. By the time we try with this, we can draw nearly straight line with free hand by holding the pencil little away from our regular position

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans !! glad to meet u after a long time 😀😀 here is my idea for a project .a device should hold an object by its clamps and at...
Being a blogger, I'm always searching for an app that gives me the hot and latest news quickly. But as with most of the news apps, the real pain lies...
HI guys!!!! it is a general discussion !!!!! i am doing automobile engineering in chennai!!! i like the course very much but i have one serious doubt that why girls...
Hai, This is Bharathidasan from Puducherry, India would like to have good experience
I need this info regarding my friend, who is a 2012 pass-out, in Computer Science. He wants to know how does one become a lecturer after BTech. He is even...