How to do print screen in MAC OS X?

I just wanted to take a snapshot of my screen from my macbook and I just found out how it is done.

Here's sharing that with all of you.

If you want to capture the entire desktop screen:
Press Command + Shift + 3 (Apple key + Shift + 3)

2. If you want to copy the entire desktop screen, to the clipboard:
Press Command + Control + Shift + 3 (Apple key + Ctrl + Shift + 3). The entire screen shot will be sent to your clipboard.

3. If you want to capture only a portion of the desktop screen:
Press Command +Shift + 4 (Apple key + Shift + 4).
A ‘+’ like cursor will appear on screen which can be dragged to select the desired area. Once you release the mouse button, the selected screen shot will be saved as a picture file on your desktop.

I hope the information was useful!

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I know this!

because in 2008 while I was performing browser compatibility testing , I had to test in MAC + Safari and MAC + Mozilla.

Nice piece of info , and many dont know this! I my self searched for 2 hours to get this info.

Post all the shortcuts in mac its helps 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Its high time to implement this. This problem should be solved. The members should be given permission to delete their own post and the threads started by them. I beg...
I want to use only one query - the problem is: how to create new table from existing table in sql server
Hi frnds.. Using piezoelectric mtls to convert mechanical power to electrical power is costlier, can we replace it with any other material.😕😕 😁😁😁
CEans, Lot of members have asked about the userID "CE-InFocus". Let me update - CE-InFocus is a bot that grabs the feed from our official blog 'VoiCE' and posts a...
Hello CEans, We are back with a new KYCEan. It's CEan whiz.kid.aniket who loves computers and techno music equally. He has joined the CE Forum in February, 2010 and has...