$---Jay---$
    Re: Ethical hacking

just check out the following links,

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • SlackerLX
    SlackerLX

White hat hackers, also known as "ethical hackers," are computer security experts, who specialize in penetration testing, and other testing methodologies, to ensure that a company's information systems are secure. Such people are employed by companies where these professionals are sometimes called "sneakers"Hacker %28Computer Security%29.:sshhh:
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

I think being a computer security expert is awesome. Having underground hackers as your nemesis would make life pretty interesting πŸ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

For the uninitiated ( πŸ˜‰ ) let me explain the difference between hacking and cracking!

Hacking is non-malicious activity which involves constructive tweaking of the system for learning or achieving expected behavior from a system.

Cracking is a malicious activity. Gaining illegal access to remote PCs, installing malarkey, stealing passwords are all forms of cracking.

@Priyankagarg: You will have to be very strong with the fundamentals of computers to be good at hacking. There are lots of tips available for Hacking on the internet.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Ah, I got a different view on crackers. They are just people who use software created by hackers to do malicious deeds. All are bad.

The real experts are hackers, and there exists hackers who are good and bad.
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji

An ethical hacker is a computer and network expert who attacks a security system on behalf of its owners, seeking vulnerabilities that a malicious hacker could exploit. To test a security system, ethical hackers use the same methods as their less principled counterparts, but report problems instead of taking advantage of them. Ethical hacking is also known as penetration testing, intrusion testing and red teaming. An ethical hacker is sometimes called a white hat, a term that comes from old Western movies, where the "good guy" wore a white hat and the "bad guy" wore a black hat.

Example:
    One of the first examples of ethical hackers at work was in the 1970s, when the United States government used groups of experts called red teams to hack its own computer systems. According to Ed Skoudis, Vice President of Security Strategy for Predictive Systems' Global Integrity consulting practice, ethical hacking has continued to grow in an otherwise lackluster IT industry, and is becoming increasingly common outside the government and technology sectors where it began. Many large companies, such as IBM, maintain employee teams of ethical hackers.

• optimystix
    optimystix

The_Big_K
    For the uninitiated ( πŸ˜‰ ) let me explain the difference between hacking and cracking!

Hacking is non-malicious activity which involves constructive tweaking of the system for learning or achieving expected behavior from a system.

Cracking is a malicious activity. Gaining illegal access to remote PCs, installing malarkey, stealing passwords are all forms of cracking.
    thats rightπŸ˜‰
  • callyD
    callyD

A Certified Ethical Hacker is a skilled professional who understands and knows how to look for the weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems and uses the same knowledge and tools as a malicious hacker. CEH is one such certfication I know about.
  • mrkcalicut
    mrkcalicut

priyankagarg8
    I want to know about ethical hacking.
    what is it ?
    How I can comand on this?
    I am very intrested in this topic.
    please tell me somthing.
    To know some ethical hacking tips like password cracking, website admin hacking etc, visit < site link removed by admin >
  • acidguru
    acidguru

mrkcalicut
    To know some ethical hacking tips like password cracking, website admin hacking etc, visit < site link removed by admin >

hey, what happens link is removed???
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @acidguru: The link must have been from a spammer (illegal advertising). Hence, it was removed,
  • trueseeker
    trueseeker
    Any Expert Ethical hackers here ?
    Please reply.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    trueseeker
    Any Expert Ethical hackers here ?
    Please reply.
    Type your questions directly and I'm sure those who're interested in participating will respond.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Just thought to add something as the thread seems to miss this info, the most important thing is "to get the permission of the owner whose resources you are going to hack, otherwise, it won't be ethical hacking.(at least in legal terms..)
  • Rahulkumar200
    Rahulkumar200
    Sorry to interrupt you guys but their is nothing such a thing like ethical hacking .
    this whole damm thing is unethical.but being ethical(white hat),black hat or grey hat hacker is determined by your point of view!!!
    😎

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Inspired from the star wars vehicles i have decided to step in one of those one day. i need lots of comments,tips and suggestions because i am thinking of an...
Hi, I'm an electronics engineer mainly towards the embedded systems side of things. Glad I found CE! 😁😁
Hi! I am Will Dwinnell, a data miner in Pennsylvania, in the United States. I write for two Weblogs: Data Mining in MATLAB and... Data Mining and Predictive Analytics I...
Hello! I am also student of Mechanical Engineering,if you have solution manual of Vector Mechanics for Engineers by Beer & Johnston 7th or 8th edition please send me at
Hi guys I am Barry doing my Mechanical engg in VVCE mysore 8th sem. I am doing a seminar on under waterwindmill and i am able to find much course...