How To Develop Search Engine Using ASP.NET & SQL Server

I want to develop a search engine using asp.net and sql server can anyone please help me and provide me some guidance as soon as possible.............😕 any kind of help will be thankful......

Replies

• vimalgh
    vimalgh
    Search engine...................

Can anyone please help me in developing a project called search engine in ASP.NET ...........as soon as possible any kind of help will be thankful.........
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Vimalgh: I'm sure CEans would be happy to help you. However, you need to share your current efforts first. Have you taken the first steps? Share what knowledge you've gathered so far, or steps you have taken. Also, it would be great if you could tell us nature & scope of the search engine you wish to develop.
  • vimalgh
    vimalgh
    hiiiiiii basically i want to develop a small search engine and it should perform the tasks like google upto some extent and i m unable to get a start that from where to start and how to start for it ................?????????????????what might be requirements.............
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vimalgh - again, that is insufficient information. Do you want your search engine to crawl web pages and index them or you simply want to perform searches on existing set of data? Do you want so search music, location et al?

The first recommended step would be to find out how Google search engine works and then come up with a Project Requirements Document which enlists all the features & functionality of the search engine you're trying to build.
  • vimalgh
    vimalgh
    i basically want to crawl the web pages as google does...........but i m unable to get a start .......and it must be capable of searching data as google does through variuos websites......
  • callyD
    callyD
    You can start with building a spider. The spider is a program that crawls through the web it usually starts with a base URL and reads links from there. Here's a #-Link-Snipped-# for a php based search engine which may be of any help to you.
  • garima8905
    garima8905
    @mamiac: do you have some tutorial or something for the same in asp.net?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys i just finished my Btech and am waiting for my results, I am pretty sure that i wud get only upto a 60% aggregate... Now the thing is...
I want to know how a protocol works.by triggring a command or what.
If the sum of five consecutive positive integer is "p" then what is the sum of next five consecutive integer in terms of p is.
If the sum of five consecutive positive integer is "p" then what is the sum of next five consecutive integer in terms of p is.
How to make a gif image.