How to detect scam email messages.

I want to know that how can we detect the scam email messages?

How can we check that the email addresses are not legitimate?

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    hey i don't know what is scam email message but if you mean the message which containe phishing sites then just look at the link that's not the original link a hosted page link are place there.
    and our most of antivirus can also protect from any phishing site.
    and not more idea about phone phishing.
    hope any CEan can answer that what is phone phishing and how to protect from these phone phishing.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    Scam email messages are untrusted/dishonest plan specially for getting your personal information.A plan for getting money.
    Generally scammers used this type of email messages it looks like real one, but if you are going to click on the address provided by the scammers then it ,sends you to a website whose sole purpose is to download malware onto your computer. Possibly,scareware that will completely hijack the computer or maybe a key logger that sits quietly in the background stealing all your personal information.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    hey sushant not only through links.Keylogers are also comes with softwares you download from net.
    when any keyloger is installed on your computer.different types of thing's is going on your computer like (c-drive is fulfilled while many more space is avilable in your c-drive).
    new folders are created in your c-drives.
    when you feel that any keyloger is installed on your computer try to avoid typing on your keyboard.Use only the onscreen keyboard.

The best solution is to use a good antivirus which updated time to time.
    you know kya lakhs of keylogers are created in just one week.
    so there is no any permanent solution for this problem.
    just try to keep updated your antivirus.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    hey mohit,
    scammers uses address to send scam email messages and it not sure that the address they have used is legitimate(legal) and they uses Twitter support link like "engineers@twitter.com" then how can we know that this email address is legitimate.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    I don't think that key loggers are installed by just clicking on the link key loggers comes with some exe file(like game,softwares etc) when you installed them key loggers also installed on your computer.

two types of hacking is done by just clicking on the link.
    1.phishing.
    2.cookies stealig.

suppose any twitter link is any phishing link.so when you click on them you get one login page.Here look in the address bar and check that it is the original link or any hosted page.I think this is the best way to protect from phishing.
    but not more idea about how to protect from cookies stealing.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    check the header of the message buddy!
    I'm gonna write a blog post on it, so wait till then!
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    vik001ind
    check the header of the message buddy!
    Please elaborate it.

vik001ind
    I'm gonna write a blog post on it, so wait till then!
    Oh fine!
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Read this!
    Common Email Scams & How to Avoid Them | Ultimate Guides

Mean while header are the values embedded in every mail that will be read y the mail suite!
    If you use Gmail you can detect the Headers by clicking on Show Original! 😀
    e
    This is also similar to what i discussed
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends, Share some features that Quantum computer comes with. and please try to explain ideas behind it why this features is avilable in Quantum computer not in classical computer....
Hi guys, I am doing a mini-project on "design and analysis" of a component.I cannot choose which one i have to do.My choices are:- 1.Screw-jack 2.Knuckle joint 3.Universal joint which...
hai friends i require a matlab code on image processing which was written by francisco de castro.while i search in internet in the math work it was updated .pls friends...
Hi Friends, When we write an address on a browser, computer translate it into a IP address which is a sequence of numbers followed by dot. I want to know...
Guys Is there any way to create separate sheets in excel according to value of particular column Say I am creating records of my class mates in which there is...