How to design a BCD Subtractor?

How to design a BCD Subtractor??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Post moved to a new thread in Electrical/Electronics engineering section.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    there are two options......(according to what we are taught in our 2nd year,dunno if its what you ask any way here it goes.)
    1)using 9's complement
    2)using 10's complement.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    the mechanism of 9's complement is like this:
    regular sub: ............ 9's comp. sub:
    8 ......................................... 8
    -2...................................... +7 (removal of 2 from 9)
    ---..................................... -----
    6...................................... 1 5 => 1+5 = 6

in case of 10's complement:
    regular ....................... 10's comp. sub:
    8............................................ 8
    -2....................................... +8 (removal of 2 from 10)
    ----..................................... -----
    6......................................... 1 6
    ........................................... now drop the carry and the result of sub. is 6

this is the basic logic
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    if this is what you ask then let me know i can try and get you the circuit.πŸ˜€
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    I am dealing with the same topic..

Will let you know the answer soon,because i am working for it right now.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    sorry i am unable to do so
    it is in my text but you may try and find the book in some library(sorry about that!!!)
    BOOK: digital electronics(first edition)
    AUTHORS:A.P.Godse ,D.A.Godse
    PUBLICATIONS:technical publication, pune.

you may also try other books but this is the prescribed one for 2nd year in my college.
    it has the circuit for both 9's and 10's complement.
  • shreya_rulz
    shreya_rulz
    hey u must be a student of pune university then....use tech max.borrow it from a friend if you dont have it.i had studied from the techmax book by J.S.Katre.the topic is very well covered in that book.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

the company has introduced a new feature that will allow consumers to use its Google Voice service without switching to a special phone number. Google Voice offers a variety of...
I`ve had a new idea in designing a pulse jet by adding a valve in it... According to my intuition and logically this increases the output many folds and I`ve...
India’s most spectacular online technical event Be ready for the virtual launch of windows 7,windows server R2 and other Microsoft product Virtual TechDays :: Registration
A spirited all-round performance helped India convincingly beat Australia by 99 runs in the second One-dayer at Nagpur. and also Indians Deserved it 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Motorola has finally launched their first Android mobile OS powered phone: Droid. The phone looks awesome! Check it out here: Droid from Verizon Wireless