How to delete write protected from pen drive

hi friends,
please help me to remove write protected from pen drive????

Replies

• K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Formatting it in DOS may help....
    Open the DOS prompt (Start >> Run >> cmd)
    Type:
    FORMAT X: /FS:FAT32 /Q /V pen Drive
    This will reformat the Pen drive, using the FAT32 file system, and label the drivePenDrive. Replace X: with the actual drive letter of your Pen Drive. For more help on this command, type:
    FORMAT /?at the command prompt.

If you want to unhide files from the pen drive(if any)
    Open a dos prompt (Start >> Run >> cmd) and type:
    attrib -r -h -s ./s x:\*.*
    This will change the attributes of all of the files on the pen drive. Readonly, hidden, andsystem attributes will be removed. Replace the X: with your pen drive's drive letter. Now you will be able to see them in Explorer, and delete them, without formatting anything.

If your warranty period is not expired, it is better to replace it with new one.
  • EmanuelJars
    EmanuelJars
    sowjitha
    hi friends,
    please help me to remove write protected from pen drive????
    follow the steps

1.Open a new note pad file.

2.Copy this

cd\
    reg add “HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies” /t Reg_dword /v

WriteProtect /f /d 0

3.save it as DISABLEWP.BAT

4.Then copy it to start up folder.

When you insert a pendrive it remove write protection.If it becomes.Or simply use any software which fix this kind of problem.You may try Long Path Tool 5 – advanced long path files manager.It may help you.Thanks.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

could someone help me on what to input on C++ so that i can get the imaginary roots of a quadratic equation.... I really don't know what to do...😭 help...
technical paper writing is a new concept for me... plz tell me abt it or giv me sum directions .... how can a present a paper at clg level...
What is SAP and How to learn it..! Can I learn it online ?
Guys, Indian Hockey (Women) have put a brilliant performance kudos to them for they have earned it. Its a proud moment for Indians. Wishing them good luck for comming matches......
Hello guys If you know any web designer in Personal then Please ask him to contact me I am in great need of him Designer will be paid on the...