How to deal with academic gaps during job interview

hello everyone,
my question is:-
how to deal with the academic gap of more than 1 year during interview.
what to answer when interviewer ask me about what you did in those days.
because i did nothing in my gap year not even any course.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Deal ith with truth and honesty. Remember the interview scene from 3 Idiots movie?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Vinodh Reddy
    tell interviewer that u have done internship in foreign .
    Please don't follow ^ this advice.

We hope you understand that honesty is the first thing they expect out of you when recruiting you.
    Once you’ve been honest about the main reason for your gap, make sure to highlight other activities you’ve focused on throughout that time.

In the gap period, you must've definitely took part in 2-3 good activities, took classes, travelled, recovered from sickness. Do share about it in a sentence or two.

Discuss the skills you learned during this time - such as communication or leadership skills. Prove that you continued to do your homework and keep up with industry trends by attending seminars, reading news, and browsing industry related journals and magazines.

There's always something to share that makes you stand out as a positive person with never-give-up attitude. Put your best foot forward.
  • Sanam Khan
    Sanam Khan
    I think you need to answer that quite well and be witty also make sure that if you say something that you are not supposed to then it may surely get you rejected for the job.So just try making it small and simple
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you lie and get caught, you can be 100% sure about your rejection.
  • avii
    avii
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you lie and get caught, you can be 100% sure about your rejection.
    Absolutely and its very easy to detect lies for a seasoned interviewer.

Anyways, my suggestion is to be honest. If you are good enough, they will hire you. I interviewed a guy, he was a CSE bachelors. He honestly said he hadn't done anything in past 1.5 years and he's been a lazy ass and wasted. I hired him anyway ;-)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

EDALL Systems is founded by Pritam Ashutosh Sahu. He completed his B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering from Anna University in 2010. In an exclusive interview with CrazyEngineers, Pritam talks about EDALL...
Microsoft’s personal digital assistant Cortana will finally be making its way to India on the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1. Joe Belfiore, the corporate vice president and manager for Windows...
Quote: You may be surprised to hear the applications that are taking advantage of plastic bearings. While metal may still win out in some cases, plastic bearings can be just...
guys suggest me any innovative project competitions that are going to held in tamil nadu on next two months..i want to submit my project in that occation..
Hello All, I am Srividhya Rajagopalan 😀 I have done my Engineering in Industrial Biotechnology. I am currently working in Bangalore as an Associate manager in an Analytics firm. I...