how to create online database

I have a some data base in excel and I want the same to be connected to a webpage dynamically! I also need to use the information to filter data and say calculate some data from the information. For example I would like to filter people who live in Delhi or Bangalore or any other city
for the above kind of project What kind of programs do I need to connect the data to a webpage? from excel or any other data base (access , sql, etc.)to online page.
PS: I am also okay if you share the tutorials for the same in language such as python, R, HTML, JAVA SCRIPT, etc.

In layman terms I have data as below
S. NO Name college current work location projects completed
1 vinod (xyz) delhi A
which is in excel i would like to use it online with the help of some data base systems

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess you could quickly import all your data into MySQL and perform operations that you want. It's pretty damn easy in PHP.

It's not very clear how you want the data to be made available on the Internet. You could simply import your excel in Google sheet and perform regular excel operations.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    If you need to do this for building reports, take a look at Google's Data Studio.

It's a free tool which can talk to multiple data sources and it gives you a nice interface to create beautiful reports.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Our initiative - CrazyEngineers IO, is a growing ecosystem of applications meant for engineers. Some of these applications will be free while some of them will be paid ones. For...
The brand name Nokia is back on smartphones, this time courtesy of HMD Global an independent Finnish company which was granted the rights to the “Nokia” in late 2016. After...
Anoop Goyal grew up in a middle-class family in the peaceful town of Bhilai, the township based on the SAIL Steel Plant, where his father worked his entire career, while...
Is there a way to combine solar panels with solar thermal power to produce electricity? If so, can it be done without having to produce steam from solar thermal power...
While the Chinese multinational consumer electronics venture Lenovo is busy promoting its products in the CES 2017, the company manages to keep its craze intact in India with its upcoming...