How to create my own firewall?

I wish to create my own computer firewall. Can someone tell me how to do that?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bossbs
    anybody can say,how to create my own firewall
    Not clear about the question. Do you want to code your own firewall? If yes, what's your target operating systems and what type of connections you wish to block?
  • bossbs
    bossbs
    i want to create my own firewall for a server
    commanly used os in server
    say the code way or algorithm what i want use and which language i can use
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Coding your own firewall software is quite challenging task. The most commonly used operating systems on the server side are Windows, Linux (CentOS, uBuntu, Debian) and Solaris (another unix flavour). Plus, it's not clear at what stage are you in building the firewall.

I'd recommend you to come up with very specific answers to the following -

1. The operating system for which you wish to build firewall
    2. Language you are comfortable with ( C, C++, Java )
    3. Types of network attack you wish to prevent
    4. Your level of expertise with the networks
  • bossbs
    bossbs
    basicly i dont know about fully all this ,can you pls guid me how to work on this
    project.........
    what process i want do on this topic.....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bossbs
    basicly i dont know about fully all this ,can you pls guid me how to work on this
    project.........
    what process i want do on this topic.....
    Please read my earlier post. That'd be the beginning for your project. We've a huge number of programming experts who'll be happy to help you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

this is durga prasad from andhra pradesh, india .i'm doing my b.tech final year.my career dream is i want to become a scientist .it is immense pleasure to become a...
hi, i am studying at iter,bhubaneswar its a private college. tcs and wipro have come but still i haven't been selected. i just dont know what i am going to...
This is my opinion and never meant to offend any regulars Whenever I see a Newbie come here and check their profile card they always seem to be doing one...
what is the algorithm for mbile number tracing? i know something that is number tracing according to the std code for place. how to find the location of the number...
Hey friends, We conducted poll yesterday & result is draw between BT technology & Display technologies .... So unfortunately one last poll before we finalise the topic. [Prototype] jeffrey samuel...