How to create Modelling Software

Dear friends,

Is there any possibility to create new modelling software like Ansys,ect..? If that's possible to create which type of studies will help?I like to create new software...Plz guide me..

Replies

• Capt Spark
    Capt Spark
    ANSYS is not a modeling software. If you want to make new modeling softwares (UG / Catia are examples), you first have to be expert in CAD and as well as in graphics. Softwares like ANSYS needs very good hold in Finite Element analysis and graphics as well. You can leave graphics if you dont want any GUI for your software.
    It is very interesting to get into software developing, but really tough to get to the standards of the software you named. So, usually its better to use whatever is available 😀
  • saimriyaz
    saimriyaz
    Its not an easy task...........It will many years and large team to develop a whole new software
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Good morning Suresh,
    For that, you will need to look into history aand development of CATIA, PRO E etc. In other words you will have to go into Computer field I think. As Capt. Spark correctly points out, ANSYS is not a modelling software. However it is the best analysis software which I have laid my hands on. 😀
  • Capt Spark
    Capt Spark
    Agree completely with #-Link-Snipped-#, developing new softwares like those is horribly tough. I myself developed one FE solver code without GUI and believe me, it demands a lot.
    As ishutopre truly mentioned, the project can be an interesting one, but you may drift into computer proguramming and graphics design fields instead of details of mechanical engineering. Usually the companies who develop FE / CAD codes, have seperate technical and programming departments.
  • anaghagrwl
    anaghagrwl
    all the designing and analysis softwares are programmed in C and C++ .So you are required to be the master of these language and on the other hand study of FEM and FEA is essential to develop such softwares

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear friends, Is there any possibility to create new modelling software like Ansys,ect..? If that's possible to create which type of studies will help?I like to create new software...Plz guide...
how does a gyroscope look like . Is it a physical device or just a phenomenon . Every time i search for its image , a top with all the...
hello everybody I am currently developing a board which has ARM processor and also includes NAND flash to boot the device The thing is that I am not understanding how...
I have one idea for my website. Before I am going into topic and tells the work of website, "I am not a web-designer nor a web-developer" I am just...
Now registered apple developers can watch Apple engineers present over 100 sessions covering the latest innovations in iOS and OS X from the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2011 by logging...