How To Create an Ad Hoc Wireless Network Connecting Your Windows PC And iPhone or iPad?

Now it has become a simple way to connect your windows PC to iPad or iPhone by AdHoc wireless Network.

Steps to setup AdHoc wireless Network:

For Windows 7:
  1. Open the Start Menu.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Click Network and Internet.
  4. Click Network and Sharing Center.
  5. Under Change your networking settings, click Set up a new connection or network.
  6. Select Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network.
  7. Click on Next twice.
  8. Enter the Network name such as “LogicNetwork“.
  9. Select the Security WAP (or WEP).
  10. Enter the Security key or password.
  11. Check Save this network check box.
  12. Click Turn on Internet connection sharing.
Connect your iPhone or iPad:
  1. Tap on the Settings icon in your iPhone main menu.
  2. Click on Wi-Fi.
  3. Your ad hoc network “LogicNetwork” should appear in the list.
  4. Click on you network.
  5. Enter the Password.

source: How To Create an Ad Hoc Wireless Network Between Your Windows PC And iPhone or iPad – The Tech Journal

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm, has anyone tried accessgin internet through such connected devices?? such as the ipad using the computer as gateway to access internet?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Yup, using a WiFi Router, I have accessed my Windows XP PC from my E5-00! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiii......we are planning for an event in the month of February, 2012......the theme of the event is energy conservation.....so i need a good event name....related to energy conservation......
godfathermain thing is to find a sensor remaining things are easy in project. I'm trying to find such sensor. You too please keep searching for efficient sensor.thanks for your help...
Whenever I open CE in my android mobile, the site is not opening in mobile mode, instead opening in normal mode.. do we have separate android app to navigate CE...
One of my cousin wants to operate his PC which is connected with internet access with his iPhone 4 which have GPRS connectivity. Can anyone let me know best suitable...
Just Now friend sent me mail!! A nice PPT. I you already know it thats ok!! But i like it to share here.. So boring..PPT extension is not allowed.. Alright...