How to create a blog, make it successful and attract people?

hi, how to make..blog attractfull....and impressive to others....๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, blogging is an art! There are no clear answers to your question but following pointers might help.

1. To create a blog, either use existing blog hosts [blogger.com, wordpress.org] or buy a domain and install a blog engine on it. I recommend that you should go with blogger / wordpress.org to get started.

2. Setup a theme on your blog that is unique. There are lot of freeware themes available for above mentioned platforms.

3. Content: If you can put up unique content on your site, readers will want to visit your blog often.

4. Update often. Don't just create a blog for the heck of having one. Update it at least twice a week.

5. Tell your friends, foes, neighbors, relatives, relatives' uncle's cousin's best friend about your blog. Yes, if you don't tell them, they'll never know about your blog. Just tell everyone!

6. SEO your blog: That should get some nice traffic from search engines.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Thanks for the tips Biggie.
    Well I finally got time to start my own blog. It is not specific to a topic. I have decided to post all the articles that I have written and will write in the future. The link to the blog is in my signature.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Patty, Blogger now has the option of using your own custom domain name ๐Ÿ˜€ Domain names are quite inexpensive.. around $10 a year only. You don't need a host, Blogger will still host it for you for free.

Good luck with your new blog!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Thanks for the info ash
  • suyash
    suyash
    hey biggie...

your blog is massively popular !!
    can you tell what SEO measures you have taken for the same?

and also how to make your blog popular among the elite blogging circle... like if there are any tools like technorati etc??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    suyash
    hey biggie...

your blog is massively popular !!
    can you tell what SEO measures you have taken for the same?

and also how to make your blog popular among the elite blogging circle... like if there are any tools like technorati etc??
    Okay, if you want me to comment, here's what I do. However it doesn't guarantee results.

1. I use wordpress blogging software on CrazyEngineers domain. Those who are serious about blogging (and making a mark in the blogging world, please get your own domain!)

2. I use simple URL rewrite mod (inbuilt in recent versions of Wordpress). A clean url attracts search engines.

3. Try to have the 'keywords' in the URL itself. It helps.

4. Add engaging content. Develop timeless, eternal content. Have a theme for your content. Update frequently - minimum 2-3 times a week.

5. Don't scare people by using complicated words.

6. Generate backlinks. Use your blog link in forum signatures, comment on other's blogs, link it in your email signature etc.

7. Don't write on topics that are 'too common'. This is tricky.

Term SEO is grossly misunderstood. You can't force Google/Yahoo/MSN to list your posts on the first page. The only way is to attract them to your blog by following all/few of the tips I mentioned above.

I hope this helps. Let the questions flow in. I'll try to answer them.
  • suyash
    suyash
    The_Big_K
    Okay, if you want me to comment, here's what I do. However it doesn't guarantee results.

2. I use simple URL rewrite mod (inbuilt in recent versions of Wordpress). A clean url attracts search engines.
    Please elucidate more on this one ๐Ÿ˜”
    what is it? and is it applicable in blogger?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    suyash
    Please elucidate more on this one ๐Ÿ˜”
    what is it? and is it applicable in blogger?

Yep, blogger does provide clean URLs!
  • Differential
    Differential
    Can one write a blog just using machines of 'Internet cafe' or you need personal machine with internet ??
    Also I checked wordpress, they ask to download something. What is that ? Is downloading must on blogger also ???

--Differential
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nope, you don't have to download anything as long as you are hosting stuff on their domain.

Simply go to #-Link-Snipped-# , sign in with your Google (gmail) account. You'll be presented with an admin panel where you'll be able to choose https://.blogspot.com subdomain. You can then login to blogger admin panel just like the way you login to Gmail/Yahoo Mail and write posts & publish them.

Similar is the story for wordpress.com.

But if you own a domain and want to setup a blog on it, you may do so by downloading the wordpress software from #-Link-Snipped-#.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further help.
  • Differential
    Differential
    Thanks a million The big k.
  • Differential
    Differential
    Now, if I have to put dilbert on my blog, do I have to take anybody's permission ?? Will it create any copyright issue ??
    I want to post some other images as well ??? How should I distinguish the copyrighted materail and noncopyrighted one ???

--Differential
  • Differential
    Differential
    Anyone on above questions ??? Also I have seen videos taken from youtube and ppts from slideshare ??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi all of u i want to now adays which program use to artificial intelligent. give me detail.&wher i got these program .
CEans, Do you know that folks at Mozilla corporation are entering into the world of analytics? Here's what Michael Arrington says on TechCrunch about how Mozilla is planning to do...
Wishing Many Happy Returns of the day to ๐Ÿ˜ CEan - Just2Rock ๐Ÿ˜ May your dreams come true and you keep rocking! :myparty: โ€‹
This is a tutorial on Nokia3310 lcd interfacing lcdinterfacing - Nokia3310 Interfacing with AT89C51
Hi all, What is the exact use of I2C(SCL,SDA) signals? Thanks BS