How To Convert Video Into GIF - Tutorial

Ever wanted to make a picture from your favorite video/movie clip and turn it into an animated GIF? Well, here's a short tutorial for all of you -

Step 1: Convert your video into a set of image frames:

Head over to sourceforge and get this awesome tool: MPlayer for Win32/Win64 - Browse /FFmpeg at SourceForge.net

(PS: You might need the 7Zip utility to extract the files)

Assuming that you extracted the contents to the C:/ of your computer, issue the following command in your DOS prompt (You can access it by typing CMD in your "start search" box in Windows)

c:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -i mymovie.avi img-%03d.gif
Note: Make sure that your movie file (mymovie.avi) is in the C:\ffmpeg\ folder. Otherwise replace the filename with complete path.

If you wish to save a part of the clip, use following command -

c:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -i mymovie.avi –ss 10 –t 5 img-%03d.gif
In above command, the video will be cut at 10 seconds after the video starts and will be cut for the duration of 5 seconds. That is you will cut the video between 10 and 15 seconds.

Make sure that the extension of your image files is '.gif'.

Step 2: Download UnFreez (Freeware)

Unfreez is a free utility that picks up specified set of GIF images and combines them into a single GIF.

Download it from here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Drag and drop the gif images that you created in step 1 into the Unfreez window and set a proper frame delay time.

Done!

Enjoy your animated gif videos.

Via: Labnol

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello.. Can anyone please help me...I am finding problem in solving the inverse of 5 by 5 matrix. It becomes very lengthy. It will be better if sumone tell me...
1) What are the Pros and Cons of DBMS with respect to conventional file system? 2) Design a generalization - specification hierarchy for a MOTOR-VEHICAL sales company. A company sales...
Draw and explain architecture of distributed system. List and explain motivation behind development of distributed systems. List and explain in detail design issues in distributed systems. Draw and explain Remote...
Que. 1 Discuss various elements of modern computer system . Que. 2 Write short note on Evolution of Comp. Architecture. Que. 3 Give Flynn’s Classification. Que. 4 Discuss various attributes...
Quest Global is an engineering outsourcing services company, currently hiring in India. The company has many job opportunities available. Head over to : QuEST: Careers - Bangalore, India, | Best...