How to convert a router into wireless repeater?

I've a spare CISCO E2000 wireless router which I want to use as a wireless repeater. I found out that installing DD-WRT firmware on the router will enable - but the whole installation and configuration looks quite complicated (time consuming, rather). Was wondering if there's any utility that does all of that quickly?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I think you want to extend your range by adding one more router.
    Making your 1st router as DNS should work. But in this case your 2nd router will have different Local area network.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

By default, in Pantheon Desktop Environment, the desktop icons are disabled. Infact, you can't even right click on desktop in Pantheon-DE. Recently, I installed Nemo File manager (the one which...
Charted among the coolest 3D printers of 2013, the DeltaPrintr is a new simple, easy-to-use low-cost 3D printer designed and developed by Shai Schechter, a student from Purchase College, State...
Alcatel, the brand from the Chinese handset manufacturer - TCL has come up with a new smartphone called Idol X+ and has launched it officially in China. Alcatel has released...
Rekognition API brings a cross platform API for Android and iOS for Face Detection, Face Recognition and Scene Identification. In association with POP ( Prototype on paper) it had launched...
Engineers at Microsoft India office have been relentlessly working on a new app for women safety - and it's called 'Guardian'. The app is exclusively available for Windows 8 mobile...