How to connect Microcontroller with Computer?

How To connect the Microcontroller with our computers??
My problem is that..
"I have created One Device using micro controller which reads the Temprature.Hence i want to send that reading to the Computer and Display using c++ programe on console." So How we can connect that contoller to the computer?????

Replies

• SDKING
    SDKING
    How To connect the Microcontroller with our computrs??​
    My problem is that..​
    "I have created One Device using micro controller which reads the Temprature.Hence i want to send that reading to the Computer and Display using c++ programe on console." So How we can connect that contoller to the computer?????​
    I also created one application using c programming bioscom function but that application display garbege value....​
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    You have to use UART of microcontroller to interface with PC. and for that you need MAX interface chip too.
  • SDKING
    SDKING
    UART means what?? i can't get you..Can you explain in brief...
  • Ibe
    Ibe
    there should be an USB port within your microcontroller to be able to connect it with your computer like the arduino. if not, you should have your own MCU programmer.
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    i think its USART not UART
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    hi.please make a small circuit where it can connected to your USB or COM port(Db9)RS 232 connector,to make a connection between Microcontroller and PC.In 8051 or other controllers as it is so called the ISP configuration concepts as follows.
    Dropbox - avr_isp_sch.jpg - Simplify your life
    Dropbox - isp1_sch.gif - Simplify your life
    Dropbox - dispens.gif - Simplify your life
    AVR ISP programmer (In-System Programmer)
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Vishal0203
    i think its USART not UART
    There's USART & UART both.
    USART : Synchronous-Asynchronous (device requires data+clock)
    UART : Only ASynchronous (device requires data only)
  • SDKING
    SDKING
    I connected that device to PC using RS-232 cable to COM port and hence the "bioscom.h" header file gives facility to get input from COM port so the c program get's that output but compiler displays garbege value...I want that Binary Value Which is generated by device display on consol..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    SDKING
    I connected that device to PC using RS-232 cable to COM port and hence the "bioscom.h" header file gives facility to get input from COM port so the c program get's that output but compiler displays garbege value...I want that Binary Value Which is generated by device display on consol..
    It would be great if you post a detailed reply which explains your current hadrware settings and task you want to implement.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    SDKING
    ... compiler displays garbege value...I want that Binary Value Which is generated by device display on consol..
    You should brush up your programming knowledge first. Compiler just compiles the program - it CANNOT display garbage value.
  • SDKING
    SDKING
    point anand...ri8..sorry boss nd thnx..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I search information about design the software and the hardware of controllers especially servo controllers.​I have several questions about this subject and I will glad if you can write your...
Prelude: The monkey Like all introductions, let me start this one with a (very) brief talk on myself. I'm Amit and right now I'm doing my M.Tech in VLSI and...
Hi, Every computer geek know about the compiler. Compiler is a program which convert high level language code into machine code..There is front end and back end in compiler. Front...
GlobalLogic Noida is hiring Freshers - BE & Btech (CS/IT/ECE/Electrical) passouts of 2012 & 2013 with an aggregate of 60% and above throughout academics may apply. Students with backlog in...
With the arrival of mobile phones, a lot of traditional gadgets have been replaced. I'm curious to know how many of crazy engineers use wrist watch and why do you...