1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

How to check if Windows is genuine or pirated?

Question asked by arjun srivastav in #Gadgets on Oct 28, 2012
arjun srivastav
arjun srivastav · Oct 28, 2012
Rank D3 - MASTER
I wish to know how to check whether my Windows installation is genuine or pirated? Posted in: #Gadgets
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Oct 28, 2012
Rank A1 - PRO
arjun srivastav
I wish to know how to check whether my Windows installation is genuine or pirated?
You can check whether your Windows installation is genuine or pirated through the Windows Validation Service : https://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/

I'm unable to load that URL because I'm accessing it from OSX. Check it and let us know if it works fine.
arjun srivastav
arjun srivastav · Oct 28, 2012
Rank D3 - MASTER
its a software and works after downloading.
u know any code that will show window is genuine or pirated with out downloading...
[Prototype]
[Prototype] · Oct 28, 2012
Rank B1 - LEADER
arjun srivastav
its a software and works after downloading.
u know any code that will show window is genuine or pirated with out downloading...
How will that work without validation from external source. That's the only way to check it.

It gets downloaded anyways during windows update at later time, but when exactly is not known. It can get downloaded randomly.
Jeffrey Arulraj
Jeffrey Arulraj · Oct 28, 2012
Rank A2 - PRO
But is it not true once it is found pirated all of microsoft's product will fail to work in that system
sajan kumar
sajan kumar · Oct 31, 2012
Rank E2 - BEGINNER
go to -> control panel ->system and security -> system if the window is pirated it ask for the key checkout the file alongwith
rahul69
rahul69 · Oct 31, 2012
Rank B2 - LEADER
sajan kumar
go to -> control panel ->system and security -> system if the window is pirated it ask for the key checkout the file alongwith
That is the case only if the windows is not activated. You cannot check the cracked pirated windows in this manner, for that u will have to go to Microsoft's Website👀
rahul69
rahul69 · Oct 31, 2012
Rank B2 - LEADER
PARVEJ AKHTER
PARVEJ AKHTER · Jan 3, 2018
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
arjun srivastav
I wish to know how to check whether my Windows installation is genuine or pirated?
You can easily find out that your windows is pirated or genuine .
By following these steps-
Just open your cmd (comand prompt) and run it as administrator.
Then type " slmgr.vbs -xpr "
In the cmd .
If the expiry date is showing then your windows is pirated otherwise it is genuine if it is showing "permanently activated".
Thank you.
PARVEJ AKHTER
PARVEJ AKHTER · Jan 3, 2018
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
Ajaylq
You can easily find out that your windows is pirated or genuine .
By following these steps-
Just open your cmd (command prompt) and run it as administrator.
Then type " slmgr.vbs -xpr "
In the cmd .
If the expiry date is showing then your windows is pirated otherwise it is genuine if it is showing "permanently activated".
Thank you.
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare · Sep 13, 2018
Rank A1 - PRO

One of the methods that my friend uses is -

1. Click on “Start” and type “Task Scheduler
  2. Check if there is an entry for “AutoKMS”.

It will look something similar to this:

Name: AutoKMS
Triggers: Multiple Triggers Defined

So, if this “AutoKMS” entry is mentioned in your OS Task Scheduler then your Windows OS is pirated, and if not then it is genuine.

If you are using a pirated version of Windows, it may initially work without any issues but, after a few weeks, it is likely that Microsoft’s activation checks will identify this problem and you will be asked to activate your copy of Windows by providing a valid product key.

Anyone knows any other methods?

ROhIt KuMaR MauRyA
ROhIt KuMaR MauRyA · Nov 13, 2019
Rank E1 - BEGINNER

Click Windows key+R

After than type 'slmgr.vbs /dli'

If window has been cracked than It will show the name of that software with the help of that it has been cracked

If it is genuine than it will show only windows version name and product key

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up