How to cast downloaded video files to Chromecast

I've a couple of videos that I've downloaded from the Internet (basically few video course files that I purchased) and was looking for a way to cast them to my Chromecast. After scratching my head for at least 20 minutes and exploring all the options, I found out that casting any downloaded video file to Chromecast is super easy and doesn't take any new software.

Follow these steps:

1. Check if your Google Chrome browser has 'cast' option [ by clicking on the three vertical dots at the top-right corner of the browser ].

2. Cast a new or current tab to your Chromecast

3. Magic part: Simply drag and drop your video file to the tab ~ and you can now have your video playing in the tab.

You can use other tabs to browse the Internet while watching the video or do your own work. I'm now using my TV to play the course videos while I write the code in my IDE. It works great. If you have questions about using Chromecast, let me know. I'll try my best to answer.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Acer has launched its latest gaming laptop, Predator Triton 700 in the country for a whopping price tag of Rs. 2,99,999. The device was first unveiled at the company's Next@Acer...
Everyone likes money. But technology that handles money is what's really popular these days. The rise of "fintech," or, financial technology, has unleashed a new breed of apps, sites and...
For all CEians, here is a bunch of latest news in the world of Technology:- Flipkart acquire small players : Flipkarts acquirence Women presence in technology firms Women in technology...
Facebook has issued a clarification on the new experimental news feed that was put in place in some countries where posts from friends and posts from pages were separated into...
Quote: AI is feared to destroy jobs. But new studies are pointing to it doing the opposite. Endquote AI Is Creating Jobs, Not Destroying Them, Studies Find