how to calculate RPM of brush less dc motor

Hi every one,

Am working on motors project,am newbie ,i have gone through internet for finding RPM formula but all i got is 2xfx60/p,am getting lot of confusion can anyone pl explain electrical,mechanical cycles,RPM,poles concepts in simple way.
Am using 24V input voltage current rating of the motor is 2.5Amps,poles 4

Thanks in advance

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Do you have a BLDC motor driver? Or there is a chance that the driver is built in to the motor circuitry internally.

There has to be a rotating magnetic field to make the rotor rotate in a brushless DC motor. Well, that is just the case with an Induction motor and synchronous motor too. The principle of working of BLDC motors are similar to synchronous machines. Let us place those aside for the time being.

The rotating field will pull the rotor along with it at the same speed and that is how electrical energy is converted to mechanical energy here. A rotating field is built up in brushless DC motors usually using Pulse Width Modulation. The stator poles are alternately energised at regular intervals to achieve this. Now, that is frequency - the 'f' part in the equation. You know everything else in the equation.

If the motor has a built in control circuit, you'll have to check its datasheet to get some insight about the controller and the maximum or rated rpm of motor. If it doesn't have a built in controller, make sure you check the datasheet and ensure the external controller is programmed to not drive it beyond the maximum rpm.
  • Mr.whatever
    Mr.whatever
    Speed of bldc depends on your driver circuit.at which frequency you feeding pulses to your bldc is decide the speed of rotor.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Photoplethysmography (PPG) is used to estimate the blood flow using infrared light. Researchers from different domains of science have become increasingly interested in PPG because...
Project Abstract / Summary : Cloud computing is a recently evolved computing terminology or metaphor based on utility and consumption of computing resources. Cloud computing consist of deploying groups of...
Hello Fellows, I want to make web based project for M.Tech but found every single php project simpler for post graduation. Can anyone suggest me some good project ideas for...
Hello Everyone, Is it possible to develop a SaaS at student's level? How much cost is expected for this project?? What will be the basic steps to develop a Software-as-a-Service??...
Project Abstract / Summary : For facilitating the process of data acquisition I have developed a web application- DataEx. DataEx facilitates data extraction from web with help of web scrapper...