How to calculate Base Load...

Hi All,

I am being asked to calculate base load, dead load and variable load of a facility for a month. The data I have available with me is

1. Daily KW load profile of the facility.

2. Total installed load of the facility.

3. Operating hours of high load equipments such as chillers, AHUs.

How can we calculate the require data using above given fields? 😕

regards,

Replies

• ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Help me friends....

No answer till date...
  • frodo.rok
    frodo.rok
    ashuashi
    Hi All,

I am being asked to calculate base load, dead load and variable load of a facility for a month. The data I have available with me is

1. Daily KW load profile of the facility.

2. Total installed load of the facility.

3. Operating hours of high load equipments such as chillers, AHUs.

How can we calculate the require data using above given fields? 😕

regards,

Well its easy.
    Just try to draw a Load Curve from daily load profile.
    Take hours in X-axis and the load in Y-axis.
    You can take 12 pm-12 pm or 6 am-6 am.
    Draw the curve using the data from the load profile of one day or 24 hours.
    Then draw a straight line from the lowest point in your graph to meet the Y-axis.
    The value that line touches at Y-axis is your Base Load.
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    frodo.rok
    Well its easy.
    Just try to draw a Load Curve from daily load profile.
    Take hours in X-axis and the load in Y-axis.
    You can take 12 pm-12 pm or 6 am-6 am.
    Draw the curve using the data from the load profile of one day or 24 hours.
    Then draw a straight line from the lowest point in your graph to meet the Y-axis.
    The value that line touches at Y-axis is your Base Load.
    Hi,

In other words, does this mean the minimum demand for the day is base-load? Because lowest point would the min. demand. Thus it makes it very simple to calculate 😒

I also thought this initially, but I am not very convinced with this. Your opinion
  • frodo.rok
    frodo.rok
    ashuashi
    Hi,

In other words, does this mean the minimum demand for the day is base-load? Because lowest point would the min. demand. Thus it makes it very simple to calculate 😒

I also thought this initially, but I am not very convinced with this. Your opinion
    Actualy though it may seem that min dimand is your base load and sometimes the value of this two can found to be equal, The idea of base load is far different than minimum demand.
    Base load is the amount of load which will be there for the whole day.
    And when I say the whole day I mean througout the 24*3600 sec.
    But the minimum demand is instantaneous load of the day.
    So minimum demand may or may not be the base load, when you are drawing the graph on the basis of loads that occurs through hours.
    So it will be better to draw the graph, it is not a difficult task after all.:smile:
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Thanks a lot buddy. I have data of every minute KW. I can draw a graph easily. Min demand is usually calculated on 30 mins basis.

Thus base load can go below min demand but vice-versa is not applicable. Correct me if I am wrong
  • sendben
    sendben
    Hi,

I don't know if this is the best place to post this but I'm looking for a live energy monitoring device that aggregates energy use every second and can relay it over the web or using CDMA or... Kind of like this device does with Google Power Meter... [clipped by spam-eaters]

It does not need to have an inteface, it can be a very basic black box that feeds the data to a web server. It cannot connect to a PC but it could connect directly to a net router via RJ45. Anybody have a device like that here in India or want to build one? There are more requirements, but our web service would connect to it in a similar way to Google Powermeter: [clipped by spam-eater]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey People, Cheers!!! Can any one please tell me where the log files of event trace are stored in Windows XP ? Thanks😀
Hi, Please explain me the actual causes of Cyclic Redundancy Check error. How do I get rid of it? Also, If I have a media file or other type of...
i read about ultra capacitors that store energy (or u can say charge ) in hybrid cars. my question is why are'nt these capacitors replacing lead acid batteries which pollute...
Category: The problem(s) I'd love to solve (as an engineer). Content: Present day civilization is facing the need of a source of energy that will Produce electrical energy being pollution-free,...
hi everyone on CE, its really a great site to be taken part and expecting a lot of support from all u guys.....