How to build my career

Hi ceans, am a 3rd year student of bsc (information management system).... am in big dilema in choosing my career .. so pls suggest me something.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi Zia. Tell us more, please. We can definitely help you make a good career choice.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    build it with the help of a good civil engineer (laughs)๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    so post this question in that department. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    No fun anymore ๐Ÿ˜€

SO you said Information Management Systems..
    Do you also work on Information Security?
    if yes you can do a masters in the same .
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Zia,

Do you like the following -
    1. Working on ensuring that protocol is maintained?
    2. Deciding which employees get access to what resources?
    3. Re-looking at how information is flowing through the organization
    4. Keeping up-to-date information on various certifications like ITIL, BS 7799, ISO, CMM, et al
    5. Working in the field of software quality and quality management

Then information security and information management might be the field for you. If you are process oriented, then you will love working in this field, if not ... then maybe we need to look at something else. Basically, to develop your career, you first need to know where you stand. To know this, you have to look deep into yourself and know your expertise and shortcomings.

Then once that is done, you start looking at other jobs and see which job fits the bill with your skills. And work your way from there - talk to various people in the different fields, get to know their job and duties, get to know where you fit best. Will post a separate thread on this once I manage to put my thoughts on this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am looking for a material or combonation of materials (i.e. gas in a glass box) that will light up when a current is passed through it, but not so...
Hi and Hello to the Crazy People, We are starting a Medical College in India. We need help to prepare a business Plan. We intend to start a Medical College...
hi guys i m fresher plz give me some ideas n innovative things about electroonics.๐Ÿ˜be a winner........
Good Day to all Thanks for accepting me as a new member, I hope I can contribute something that I know in any field as long as it is related...
We make a mini project on 8255 IC and we want a masm programming on that which make PORT A as an input and PORT C as an output which...