How to build audiometry software by using Visual Basic

Hello everyone..actually my supervisor want me to do this project for my final year..who can teach me how to build the audiometry software by using visual basic or labview..??this audiometry software will be link to the audiometer..anyone can help me please..

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    Basically there are few basic steps in like these audio projects

- Signal reading (what is the digital format of your sound wav,mp3...etc)

- Signal Analysis - it varies from just reading the signals amplitudes to more complex algorithms according to the sounds you are wiling to detect

- Graphical representation - the output numbers from the signal analysis being drawn as spectogram.

You've to answer the following questions to know the actual steps for your project.

your software will be connected to a hardware like a mic for example that receives the surronding sounds & your project is to analyze sounds intensity?

- Will you measure amplitudes over time or your software will detect more sound components like frequency, phase or harmonics?

- What the nature of the sounds you are willing to work on? pure tone, complex tones, speech or music?
  • clubmed7
    clubmed7
    Thank for reply..

- Signal reading: All format wav,mp3, etc
    - Signal Analysis: 1.Develop an air conduction hearing test using pure tone
    threshold audiometry on PC
    2.Test must conform ANSI standard

- Graphical representation: 1.hearing level versus frequencies
    2.display normal or sever level
    3.pass or fail
    4.suggestion for fail such as avoid from high
    volume of sound
    5.Result can be print out

My software will be connected to a hardware called audiometer that receives the surround sound and analyze sound intensity but determine separately left and right ear.
    - This software will measure amplitudes over time and detect sound
    components like frequency.

- The nature of the sounds that i willing to work on pure tone which is
    single frequency with range 125Hz to 8kHz

Hope you can help me with all of this..Anyway im newbie with Visual Basic software..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

For people who love driving and especially for those who are active bloggers and photographers, check this out - The Great Driving Challenge | User Application
i need ideas how to do projects plz
hello guys I m a mechanical engg i studied a lot about vortex tube and its application i wanted to know is there any way i can make it i...
Interview Link: https://www.crazyengineers.com/know-your-cean-pradeep-agrawal/ Ok, you are free to ask all personal & non-personal questions to Pradeep in this thread Pradeep - be ready!
Got the news from trusted sources: Siemens has fired 500 employees from its IT division. Can anyone confirm the news please? Addendum: Rediff confirms it.