How to block SMS from short code / sender ID like "XY-ABCD"?

I've been receiving SMS from a social organisation I was once associated with. The organisation keeps on sending their promotional / event messages on my phone via their short-code or sender ID which is in the format XY-ABCD. When I try to add number to 'spam numbers' on my mobile; I get 'invalid phone number' message. That's obvious because there is no phone number associated with that ID!

There's no other option to block the ID from sending messages to my phone; and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do about it. I've contacted the organisation but they aren't helpful.

Does anyone know how to block such codes / IDs?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With the growing influence of social networking websites, especially Facebook, I find a surprising trend these days - the 'Likes' are being taken very seriously! An Indian minister has filed...
guys i want to change the defination of automobile engineering,i want to tell this world we are depend on book rule we always changes the rule of book to give...
I belong to a blogger community, during the holidays I end up working for different blogs from different countries. Some people would not be aware that for a blogger, the...
I would like all CEans that are using Linux based OS to please vote & name in comment below their favourite file manager, and give few reasons why you love...
I've a spare CISCO E2000 wireless router which I want to use as a wireless repeater. I found out that installing DD-WRT firmware on the router will enable - but...