How to become a software engineer in automobile industry?

1. Hello everyone ...
  2. My question to u all is that is there any field where I can be a software engineer BT work in a automobile industry ...I HV a passion fr cars and programming language ...plzz helpπŸ˜•

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    1. Hello everyone ...
    Hi there.

kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    1. My question to u all is that is there any field where I can be a software engineer BT work in a automobile industry ...I HV a passion fr cars and programming language ...plzz helpπŸ˜•
    Why not ? Embedded systems is the way to go !!
  • kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    Abhishek Rawal
    Hi there.

Why not ? Embedded systems is the way to go !!
    Thanks a lot fr ur advice ...BT plzz can you give knowledge on this ...lyk the go abts and salary etc
  • kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    And se
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    Thanks a lot fr ur advice ...BT plzz can you give knowledge on this ...lyk the go abts and salary etc
    & secondly I am doing software engineering ....so I am really confused wht shud I now do to get myself into this field
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    About salary #-Link-Snipped-# can tell you better.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    And se
    & secondly I am doing software engineering ....so I am really confused wht shud I now do to get myself into this field
    You first read the basic of Embedded system. I guess non of the curriculum has this subject explained practically. There are some institutes who offer this course with practical training and decent placements as well. I do not know in which semester of engineering you are currently in, but please confirm with institutes if they can provide some courses during inter-semester breaks. Many of my friends who love Embedded systems, they have done courses after completing their engineering.

About Salary - I want to suggest, If you have adequate knowledge in this field, with awesome practical experience, you will get salary + Onsite + research + many more!

Good Luck! πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd say - don't rush in! Build your expertise in the domain that's relevant in the automobile industry. Embedded systems should be a great start and you should make yourself familiar with Android development (Java) and have a strong base in C/C++. There are several CS related jobs in the automobile companies and you should be able to try your luck there.
  • kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    Th
    Koushal Patel
    You first read the basic of Embedded system. I guess non of the curriculum has this subject explained practically. There are some institutes who offer this course with practical training and decent placements as well. I do not know in which semester of engineering you are currently in, but please confirm with institutes if they can provide some courses during inter-semester breaks. Many of my friends who love Embedded systems, they have done courses after completing their engineering.

About Salary - I want to suggest, If you have adequate knowledge in this field, with awesome practical experience, you will get salary + Onsite + research + many more!

Good Luck! πŸ˜€
    Thnk u ....I am regularly searching about this field ...to me it sounds interesting. ..once again thanks a lot
  • kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    T
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    Th

Thnk u ....I am regularly searching about this field ...to me it sounds interesting. ..once again thanks a lot
    Thank u sir fr the brilliant advice but can u suggest me some of these jobs that u are talking about
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Approx salary for professionals working in this field is Rs 328,233 per Annum (Source: Embedded Systems Engineer Salary in India | PayScale)

#-Link-Snipped-# for some of the job openings in this field. Please go through it. You will get idea of what type of jobs are in scope, what are the job profiles and current technology the company is looking for.

Please make sure, you do have a very strong knowledge on the subject. You seem very interested and I bet you can. Competition is very high. Please select an institute which will give you a decent job opportunity.

Let us know for further questions. Hope the info is helpful to you.!! Good Luck! Thanks. πŸ˜€
  • kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    Koushal Patel
    Approx salary for professionals working in this field is Rs 328,233 per Annum (Source: Embedded Systems Engineer Salary in India | PayScale)

#-Link-Snipped-# for some of the job openings in this field. Please go through it. You will get idea of what type of jobs are in scope, what are the job profiles and current technology the company is looking for.

Please make sure, you do have a very strong knowledge on the subject. You seem very interested and I bet you can. Competition is very high. Please select an institute which will give you a decent job opportunity.

Let us know for further questions. Hope the info is helpful to you.!! Good Luck! Thanks. πŸ˜€
    The information is really helpful .....thanks a lot ....I am extremely oblidgedπŸ‘
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    You may look at #-Link-Snipped-# if you are looking for some specialization / niche area. From what I heard from couple of friends is that telematics is one of the growing area with a lot of opportunities. If you look at recent trends Indian auto industry, they seems to give more importance to vehicle safety and communication improvements.

Just a thought.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Directly jumping into Unix based RTOS gonna be fun.
    Go on with QNX.
    LOL 😁😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    About salary #-Link-Snipped-# can tell you better.
    Well, I would say it is totally depend on your experience and performance.
  • kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    Divyaprakash
    You may look at #-Link-Snipped-# if you are looking for some specialization / niche area. From what I heard from couple of friends is that telematics is one of the growing area with a lot of opportunities. If you look at recent trends Indian auto industry, they seems to give more importance to vehicle safety and communication improvements.

Just a thought.
    Qnx????? Is it related to cars??
  • kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    D
    Abhishek Rawal
    Directly jumping into Unix based RTOS gonna be fun.
    Go on with QNX.
    LOL 😁😁
    Do u mean qnx is not a better option in comparison to embedded system
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    D

Do u mean qnx is not a better option in comparison to embedded system
    No No No!
    QNX is a RTOS. Everything about RTOS you'll learn in Embedded Systems, so I would say it is part of ES.
    What I mean is don't jump directly on QNX. Take your time & learn slowly. Your goal won't be achieved overnight or few months. It'll require severe dedication.

And I am quite sure you're not even well-versed with Unix based OS, are you ?
    QNX is unix based.
  • kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    Thnkz
    πŸ‘
  • kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    Thnkz
    πŸ‘
    Thank you all fr giving me such good advices ....I know my questions were stupid ...srrry & once again thanks a lot fr giving me ur tym
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# No need to say sorry, buddy. Everyone starts with Zero/Newbie. So, Keep asking!

Cheers.
  • kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜›Ty its really a pleasure taking to u gyz.......πŸ‘thnkz fr the support
    πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜€
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    kavleenbehr@ gmail.com
    Qnx????? Is it related to cars??
    It is also related to cars, along with many other areas.

You may take a look at this link. CES (Consumer Electronic Show) 2015 is happening right now and there is a lot of technical demonstration by various vendors based on QNX platform.

The link is QNX at CES 2015. You can get a glimpse of the latest and the hottest in tech world if you check out.

As for learning , you should know the possibilities exists in all the areas, and as other commentators said in the thread, you need to take the first steps sometime. However , there is no harm in knowing the existing possibilities.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After launching two value-for-money Windows notebooks last year, HP is continuing the trend of cheap and cheerful products by announcing the launch of two mini PCs, the HP Stream Mini...
Sony has launched a fresh new pair of earphones with Sony MDR-EX31BN priced at Rs. 5,490. Available on e-commerce portal Snapdeal and Sony online store, the new Sony earphones feature...
SanDisk Corporation, one of the leading companies in flash memory storage solutions and software, has announced its all new flash storage and solid state drive (SSD) products that provide fast...
LG has done something incredible at this year’s CES. It has unveiled a new washing machine that has two separate washers. Yes you read it right, two washers. This means...
I am really confused how to choose best router? Can someone please explain what are the points we should consider while purchasing a router?