How to ask Questions the smart way?

Though the internet is a great source of information, it is like an ocean. If the question is not put properly, we rarely get expected answers. Eric Steven Raymond and Rick Moen have put together an interesting tutorial on the smart way to ask questions.
I find that a lot of the advice may apply in general to questions asked anywhere, not just forums.
www.catb.org

(I had posted this on another forum. Thought it may be of use here too)

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That sir is the most appropriate description of the art of asking questions on websites. But that requires efforts and we've already moved into a world where everything is quick & short. Facebook & twitter, for example don't even show text formatting buttons!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

electrical engineer batch of 2008-2012.still have no job.should join i npti .
hello, when i was working in my lab, i found that water quenched material is more hard then oil quenched material. so can anyone please tell me that why water...
We're happy to announce the launch of Weekend debate through CE Conference - our online real time chat tool. Here's how it works - 1. A general topic for debate...
Google Glass Tech Specs are out - exposing the electronics inside the tiny sticks that put the computing right in front of your eyes. When Google demonstrated the Glass project,...
We know you all were jealous when Google announced the launch of 1 Gbps Google Fiber service in Kansas City. Then it was the Startup Village in Kochi, India that...