How to apply for internships immediately after 2nd year?

I am currently in my second year and am anxiously looking for a short term training/internship right after completion of my second year, perhaps for two months. I need to know the core knowledge aspects the recruiters might look for and also for the future.

Replies

• Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    Hi Ayush,
    In general, There are two big "seasonal" internships which take place in different institutes through out the world, namely Summer and Winter internships, where not only companies rather all the biggest universities open their recruitment process of taking interns. And most of them have a time span of 8 weeks. From my experience I can only say, try to understand your interest and where would you like to see yourself in near future ,definitely considering pros and cons. If you have a small group or mentor discuss with them or if alone,CE is all ready to help you to take decisions. See,ready made stuffs are never good and getting good things ain't a cake work. But there is always a pretty good chance if you do enough homework before jumping in. After getting a clear view of your interest, you can start filling as many applications as you can to gain more chance of getting selected. When filing application put your best effort in cover letter,essay and resume as needed. Also try to contact your favorite professor in your college,he/she might give you an awesome recommendation or have good contacts. Remember, networking is the second most important thing you require after your "academics and skills".
    Here is a link where moderator #-Link-Snipped-# has posted some research related internships.
    What are the best internships in Indian research institutes and how to get them?

Also Google about Stanford Summer school, Cern Summer intern for some great opportunities. Good Luck 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Panasonic has updated its LUMIX range of digital cameras with DMC-FZ1000 and DMC-FZ300 models. These two new cameras promise breathtaking 4K photographs and videos at an affordable price range. The...
Happy Birthday @Manish Goyal ! Have a rocking year ahead. 🎉​
In a first such recorded incident, Google Glass has helped a group of doctors successfully perform a lifesaving surgery. The Glass was used to guide the opening of a persistently...
Hello Everyone, I did my Integrated dual degree (B.Tech+ M.Tech) course in Electronics 2015. and certified from university as B.Tech 2014 passed out and M.Tech 2015 passed out with 74%....
About three days ago, I received a call from a practising doctor; asking for an appointment (yeah, doctor asked for my appointment). He offered a credible reference (another doctor who...