How to answer for the question , Tell me about yourself?

Every interviewee have to face this question,and in some BPOs it is a question treated as screening test, I am going to attend interview in BPO, post ideas and in what sequence should I talk,
can somebody post samples?

Replies

• csiscool
    csiscool
    I have posted in wrong section???
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    no response????
  • Vega
    Vega
    Tell about marks, awards, competitions you won in your highschool life, if possible.

I have attended various workshops related to networking
    Tell the names of workshops that you have attended. That would be more specific.

as a result I lost good team player skills
    I wouldn't say that, if I were you. Being a team player is very important thing and is something which is highly expected.

Be prapared to answer this qn: why do you want to join this company?
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    thanks vega for the suggestions..
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    can somebody post samples..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    csiscool
    can somebody post samples..
    Patience, my friend is a virtue . You won't get responses within minutes. Have some patience, this is not real time online chat.

Now coming back to your question -Tell me about yourself:

For a BPO, the candidate is expected to speak with a clear mind. Its totally up to you how much information you wish to pass on to them. So, I believe following sequence would do the job -

1. Your name and little introduction of family.
    2. Educational background (marks, grades)
    3. Hobbies, passions.
    4. Extra curricular activities, awards won, achievements etc.
    5. Your ambitions [Now don't get tricked. If your ambition is to become a great engineer, you shouldn't be working in BPO]

I second Vega; be prepared to answer this question:

"With a background in Computer Engineering and interest in Networking (since you attended the course), why do you think you are a good fit for our BPO?"

Or simply, "Why should we hire you?" 😀
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    Thanks you very much Mr Admin,
  • gohm
    gohm
    Be sure to provide specific examples that demonstrate. For example, don't just tell them you are a team player or are able to multitask. You need to provide details that show those traits from your prior experience.

I would also add that employers with this question are not really interested in hearing about you personally, they are asking you to tell them about you professionally.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    csiscool,
    Do this - Write down a short introduction for yourself. Take the effort, dont expect to copy paste 😀
    The exercise is well worth it!! If you have the knack for it try putting some humour into it. Do not make it just another boring introduction.

I have taken interviews, and I hate it when the candidate starts the sentence by saying "Myself ... ", make the impact. Try showing interest and passion in what you have done. Definitely include your interests, hobbies and expound on them in this part. An employee is not just a resource, he is a human being with interests, hobbies and passions. Show this in your response.
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    thanks for the guidelines kidakaka,

I dont copy and paste usually,and only I want to prepare better,

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to make an ISP(In System Programmer) for AT89S52 Microcontroller. Can anyone provide me some links for complete info regarding this.😒
i want some advanced seminar topics for computer sience
I am a student studying b.tech computer science 2nd year 2nd sem. i heard about the languages python and corba. Am i capable of learning those languages. If so please...
Hi friends, As i want to learn Visual basic .Net i downloaded "how do i..." videos from msdn site ,now the file downloaded is in .wmv format but i am...
I have applied in job sites like naukri,monster,shine,freshersworld,as well as applied directly in some sites like(tcs, infosys,ibm,microsoft, otherbig companies as well some of small companies). job sites like naurki only...