CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 10 Nov, 2014
Is there a way to add more than 50 members to whatsapp group? A lot of casual visitors to CrazyEngineers use contact us form to ask this question to us and we decided to put this question to all the avid users. All I know is that the group size limit is restricted to 50 members and the admin of the group can add 49 members at the max.

If anyone of you knows the trick to have 50+ members in a group; do share the trick with us. I know the group becomes extremely spammy even with 20+ members; but it looks like there are a bunch of people who want to be able to add more people

PS: Telegram app, for example, allows creation of groups with 200 members. Never used that app; so don't know how good the experience is!
@Gollapinni Karthik Sharma • 10 Nov, 2014 In whats app you cannot add more than 49 members in the group.
Even you change the value in the preference.xml and restart your phone also it does not work.
@Anoop Kumar • 10 Nov, 2014 • 1 like Switch to Telegram 😘
@Ankita Katdare • 10 Nov, 2014 I am not sure if there are any workarounds for adding more than 50 members.
This person on XDA Developers forums did go to some length to achieve it -
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1716039

Anyone here thinks what he is trying to achieve could work?
@Kaustubh Katdare • 10 Nov, 2014 He's using the android root explorer to edit the file - com.whatsapp_preferences.xml
<int name="participants_size_limit" value="50" />

I however doubt that's the right way to increase the group member count. It didn't work for him either. I think the group count is managed at the server side (just a wild guess). Why? Because it's whatsapp server that distributes the messages. I could be wrong though 😀
@Gollapinni Karthik Sharma • 11 Nov, 2014
Ankita Katdare
I am not sure if there are any workarounds for adding more than 50 members.

No it will not work. As I feel these all are managed at the server side or the root admin which is common for all.
If its that easy made all could have modified by now.
@Gollapinni Karthik Sharma • 11 Nov, 2014
Ankita Katdare
I am not sure if there are any workarounds for adding more than 50 members.

I guess it will not work. As that guy also tried and it could not work. It should not be that simple made. As @Kaustubh Katdare says even I guess or rather say hope it should be managed my the root admin server which is fixed to the size which cannot be modified.

Have any one heard or tried whatsapp plus which you can modify themes and add your own color.
4.5k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jul 25, 2014

I just upgraded to OSX Yosemite and thought of switching over to the default Apple Mail application from Sparrow, the mail app that I absolutely love. After configuring my Gmail...
8.4k views

@vijaymp · Feb 15, 2011

Hi all, I am presently working as testing engineer in one of the companies. My domain of working is Mobile application testing. So I would like to know how is...
3.6k views

@Radhika Deshpande · Oct 9, 2017

Born in a middle class, conservative, South Indian family in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, Chitra Ramaswamy always found her education and academics at the center-stage throughout her growing up years. Her father's...
4.3k views

@Ankita Katdare · Oct 23, 2011

GATE Thermodynamics Syllabus has following topics: Basic Concepts, First Law of Thermodynamics, Properties of Pure Substances, Thermodynamic Relations, Thermodynamic cycles, Ideal Gas Mixtures Download the Following Set of Questions based...
4.6k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 23, 2010

A simple good bye email or last working day mail ain't cool! We've some awesome templates that you can use. If you're looking for an amazing Last Working Day email...
814.7k views