How the train stops when we pulls the Chain?

PS : I got a PM from a newbie asking me this question! Just posting on behalf of her!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Sada
    PS : I got a PM from a newbie asking me this question! Just posting on behalf of her!
    The pulling breaks the vacuum. Ordinarily, the brake pads are pulled away from the wheel surface by the vacuum. Breaking the vacuum is a fail safe method, which applies the brakes when vacuum level falls.
    This is only an emergency procedure. The alerted driver will take further corrective action.
  • naga lakshmi
    naga lakshmi
    THANK YOU.IT'S USEFUL FOR ME.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Concept of Design of a Built-Up Beams in Design of Steel Structures was explained by Dr. Damodar Maity, Department of Civil Engineering , IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask your...
Concept of Design of Shear Connections and Purlins in Design of Steel Structures was explained by Dr. Damodar Maity, Department of Civil Engineering , IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask...
Concept of Gantry Girders in Design of Steel Structures was explained by Dr. Damodar Maity, Department of Civil Engineering , IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask your questions and please...
Concept of Design of Gantry Girders in Design of Steel Structures was explained by Dr. Damodar Maity, Department of Civil Engineering , IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask your questions...
Concept of Introduction to Plate Girders in Design of Steel Structures was explained by Dr. Damodar Maity, Department of Civil Engineering , IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask your questions...