How should we celebrate CE's 8th anniversary?

Next month, on November 26th; CrazyEngineers will celebrate its 8th anniversary. We've been celebrating the CE day as 'CrazyEngineers Day' ๐Ÿ˜€. In the past, we had organized, quiz competitions; online events and also given away prizes.

We'd like to know how'd you all want to celebrate CE's 8th anniversary? Events, competitions, online treasure hunts or what? Let us know through the comments below!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    How about asking for short case studies of any projects involving interesting engineering problems completed by CEans alone or in a group in the year?
    It is understood that intellectual property rights should be protected. Actual details can be omitted in such cases. However the technical problems encountered and the engineering solutions for them can be highlighted.
    Selected ones can be archived in a new category in the resources section.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Something new is to be revealed you promised it some time back when you mentioned about engineers day essay competition
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - It's all in the line; waiting for the perfect launch timing ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We should do something that makes us reach out to double the number of engineers we are currently visited by.

Something. Super. Viral.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    We should do something that makes us reach out to double the number of engineers we are currently visited by.

Something. Super. Viral.
    Like associate with MAD (#-Link-Snipped-#) ??
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Host some event for people in Nagpur itself. PARTY LOL. Anyways, we can start regular use of facebook page so that people stay in touch ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    If we have a great number of people joining at one place in big cities, we can organize a run or a march to a place and tell people about us ๐Ÿ˜€

This brings in huge traffic and we will be known to many!

Nov 26 is tuesday, never mind apply leave option is a click away!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anymore ideas?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anymore ideas?
    What about printing some T-shirts to mark the 8th Anniversary. We can create some really awesome (or weird - people like weird) punchlines to go with it.

Atleast some of you might remember this game:

I '1' cockroach
    I '2' cockroach
    I '3' cockroach
    I '4' cockroach
    I '5' cockroach
    I '6' cockroach
    I '7' cockroach
    But
    I '8' Engineering! - so I'm a Crazy Engineer!

You can always tweak it up

I '1' for an eye
    I '2' for smile
    I '3' pets have
    I '4' am naughty
    I '5' hi5!
    I '6' not sick
    I '7' loves heaven
    But...
    I '8' engineering! So I am a Crazy Engineer!

P.S.: weird gets easily viral!
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    i think to organise the project competition which can be handled online like the coading competation because it is not possible to check the hardears but we can easily checks the codes online and one more thing is that to start the online training on some specific modern technologies which we required and these training are handled by the cean members own self so they get an opportunity to broad there knowledge also.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tell me how should the project competition work? Should we ask CEans to create new projects or submit their academic projects?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tell me how should the project competition work? Should we ask CEans to create new projects or submit their academic projects?
    We should have new projects, as I don't think everyone would be submitting their old projects, and as Ramani Sir said, technical problems encountered could be discussed.

If we can have a coding competition we can either host it on some other sites, or here itself on CE.

But I wonder, if we would be able to display the result instantaneously (like the code ran correctly/compiled etc.)
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    If you want an old fashioned way, Try kick starting art,music and literature competitions.
    We don't want prize but a recognition is a must.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    May be we can have those virtual badges as a Prize/Recognition, I told you @#-Link-Snipped-#
    @#-Link-Snipped-# ,
    T-shirt would be a great way of expressing ourselves.If possible please make a note on T-shirt. We had discussed a lot on t-shirt but not implemented So my vote go for T-shirt.If possible tie up with online shopping sites such as flipkart, ebay, amazon and sell CE t-shirts. I am eager to get one.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Kaustubh Katdare
    i think the admin should provide a list or first the list is selected and then the competetion is started the one who coaded by full filling all the project requirements and also uses minimum space for the coading and u recognise these things and the winner is announced. some rules also made up for coading competation. thats it.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Why should it be a competition? Why should it be only in IT?

The contributor just reports on any engineering project he/she worked on in the year that passed, highlighting the problem set up and the solution found. Even a failure may be useful.
    Just throw a problem in the daily things and ask them to find a better solution ti it.Those who give the best solution must get a digital badge as said by our fellow CEan .
    Ok lets make a oath and be online on 8th year celebration .Lets watch a grand online numbers.i haven't watched more people than 25 in past four months so lets make a milestone friends .
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I wish if there could be a same competition like there was in 5th anniversary ๐Ÿ˜€

It was really a great fun ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This unidentifiable flying object was seen over Truro, England. It does not seem to be tethered. Unlikely to be a kite. Flapping wigs, narrow wing width though having apparently adequate...
Two companies - Valencell and iRiver Ltd. have come together to bring a unique Bluetooth Audio Headset that captures the wearer's hear rate while he or she is listening to...
The Institute Of Railway Research (IRR) has undertaken a new ambitious project, called Capacity4Rail with two aims: 1. To make laying of railway lines quicker & easier 2. To make...
Hi, i'm looking for suggestions for doing M.S in computer science. What are all the things i need to do?
Anand Mahindra's got big plans for his company and his latest foray is into manufacturing of small aircrafts in India. Mahindra Aerospace will began manufacturing 8-seater small aircrafts in India...