How should engineering students spend summer holidays?

This thread is specifically for student CEans.

Discuss your plans. If you are running short of ideas; you'll find something here.

Keep us updated.

Replies

• anand.ssukhi
    anand.ssukhi
    seems everyone wants to rest this summer..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I've planed to use my summer holidays effectively. As soon as I go back to college, i'll get super busy with final year projects and placement procedures. And then, there's this little thing called CAT.

So, I plan to do something useful in the sem holidays. Originally, I planned to learn to solve the rubik's cube. For the past three days, I've devoted two to three hours a day for the cube.
    Now I've accomplished majority of that goal. I can now solve the cube. But I take close to eight minutes to solve it. I wanna reduce it to less than two minutes. I'm gonna work towards that.

And then, I plan to brush up on my C and algorithms for my placements. Also, some core subjects like networks, communications and digital electronics.

I've applied for internship from a management company. Hope it materializes.
    That's all for now. I'm quite free now, and I'm thinking of ay other useful activity to do.

Any good idea, CEans?? I'm open to ideas.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    First thing would be to chill out and cool your brain! Catch up with your relatives and old buddies to show them that you are still alive.

Then.. maybe work together with one or more friends on a wacky project ๐Ÿ˜›

Personally, I would do what SS would.. like brush up on some key skills.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    No Summer holidays for me , how it would be if Software employees are also given summer holidays?

And a suggestion to Final year students:

If software job /any job is your primary goal after B.tech /studies then concentrate more on Mathematics , puzzles and English
    Maths and English will be there in almost all competitive exams so it will be a lot useful.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Wow, very nice thread. Liked this initiative. Going to be very helpful for majority over here ๐Ÿ˜

*Looks like Big_K is going to beat everyone here in getting the title "CEoM" for this May month. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well, I guess I can only better give my suggestions for CS students only ๐Ÿ˜”

First Year students : Make your C language concepts clear and strong and if possible make simple projects in both sems.

Second Year students: If possible increase the level of your projects and try to do some tough projects on latest languages or frameworks. Get thorough with basics of programming and better if can get hold on Java.

Third Year students: Make yourself master of things learnt in last two years and start preparations for your goal
    a) If pursuing for technical side (MS or Mtech) Start its preparation. Better if clear the exams in 3rd year only.
    b) If have interest in jobs , start doing preparations for aptitudes and solving companies's last year placement papers and getting more and more information about companies and their profiles.
    c) If have interest in MBA, sorry no ideas. I never recommend any good engineer to go for MBA. Good engineers don't waste their 4 years study in management.
    d) Make good and unique and difficult projects if doing training from some company. Even if that company is not imparting any knowledge to you, try to make your self interest projects. Don't say sit idle in last two years atleast.

Final year students: Of course have already very hectic schedule because of major project. If possible try to devote your maximum time in your project and make that project rocking for the world. Put your all ideas and imaginations and efforts into it. It can take you very very high. ๐Ÿ˜

Common in all years : Be regular in CE to gain more and more knowledge and making projects.

Finally more and more good projects means more nearer to SUCCESS you are. ๐Ÿ˜

PS: Very sad I could not join CE during my engineering years may be I would have been very near to my aim. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Ajith Kumar
    Ajith Kumar
    all must spend this summer on developing our engineering projects beyond others can do because now a days many engineers were spending time to how they can place in an most off top company without any knowledge in there own subjects so please try to spent time on carrier goals and try to be master in English knowledge
  • Siddu_gupta
    Siddu_gupta
    silverscorpion
    I've planed to use my summer holidays effectively. As soon as I go back to college, i'll get super busy with final year projects and placement procedures. And then, there's this little thing called CAT.

So, I plan to do something useful in the sem holidays. Originally, I planned to learn to solve the rubik's cube. For the past three days, I've devoted two to three hours a day for the cube.
    Now I've accomplished majority of that goal. I can now solve the cube. But I take close to eight minutes to solve it. I wanna reduce it to less than two minutes. I'm gonna work towards that.

And then, I plan to brush up on my C and algorithms for my placements. Also, some core subjects like networks, communications and digital electronics.

I've applied for internship from a management company. Hope it materializes.
    That's all for now. I'm quite free now, and I'm thinking of ay other useful activity to do.

Any good idea, CEans?? I'm open to ideas.
    Please watch this motivation video to over come year back practically to All gradutes...its Awsome ,....n v v practical....

This Video is Specially for those Student Who had Year back lock in there Engineering and Graduation and how they need to

face industry .Its easyรข€ยฆ.please email me at #-Link-Snipped-# for further help and Question and keep looking for my

upcoming video on Embedded testing vs Programming which is better and how to crack the opportunity in different levels of
  • ANAND NAGADA
    ANAND NAGADA
    Enjoy your days in what you wanted to do always but due to obstacles, you dont got the time.. this is only the time to enjoy your freedom,, once you complete get done with degree, the race hunt for Job starts... and slowly starts to be transformed into machine from human being...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's a geometry puzzle for you. Source: https://www.archimedes-lab.org/ [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The diameter a of the large semicircle below is 10 cm long. Knowing that one of the vertices of...
What is the difference between DDR1 and DDR2 ram? I know that DDR2 is faster than DDR1. I am having D101 motherboard and it require DDR1 ram but can we...
Hi, I'm from a computer background, however, i have a good idea on power generation. Is there anyone/institute in Bangalore who i can consult to implement my idea. The design...
can any one here give me the program of 1. logical address to physical address conversion 2. physical address to logical address conversion in c, c++ plzz help me.... i...
Hi all, I need a high speed comparator with the following specifications. Input frequency -200MHz Input signal voltage -0-3.3V reference voltage - 1.2V output voltage swing -+/-6V (rail to rail)...