How safe is mineral water?

We have seen several of us opting for Mineral water instead of the corporation water being pumped into our houses by the Government

Why or What is the main reason for going for mineral water?

Is it really that safe?

Recently when the water boys went on a strike the price of a 20 l can of water was sold at a price of about 100 in Chennai So is that water really worth the amount we are paying for it ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure why is this a debate. Mineral water isn't 'mineral water' as such. It's just the art of selling unadulterated water at high cost.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well By unadulterated water You meant to say that Biotic algae must not be able to grow in it right

But How many times is it the same If we put up a poll many would say they have seen algae growing in sealed water if left for a few days

But it is not the same with all brands a few are really doing a good Job But others it is still a eye washing
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, what's the debate about?
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    Conqueror
    We have seen several of us opting for Mineral water instead of the corporation water being pumped into our houses by the Government

Why or What is the main reason for going for mineral water?

Is it really that safe?

Recently when the water boys went on a strike the price of a 20 l can of water was sold at a price of about 100 in Chennai So is that water really worth the amount we are paying for it ?

I think most of the people are opting for mineral water because the well water or the tap water became too contaminated and the unwanted mineral levels in them are also exceeding.These features are not hygienic.
    Also mineral water if correctly produced have low chances of being contaminated and also they don't contain additional chemicals.
    I think this is the main reason behind going for mineral water.And as far as I know they are safe.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Heard about this Boiled water is better than Mineral water

Yet still While boiling the dissolved oxygen gets removed from the water.

More than this the while polishing water to convert into mineral almost the same occur But with an exemption some chemicals are added to it

Which clearly state both are potentially not advisable for intake
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    You don't need mineral water or mineral plant for pure water. Boil down the water, cool it & drink.
    It's just mere dirty business like vaccination.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Per definition, from wiki - Mineral water is water from a mineral spring containing various minerals such as salts and sulfur compounds. Mineral water may be "sparkling".

However, As told by AR, the packaged water we get is the un-adulterated water that is boiled and cooled down. Let me tell you that water is worse than the water you get from the RO plant.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can someone explain to me in detail whether the C programming language is platform dependent? Please offer some examples as well.
GUNNARS are high-tech computer glasses designed specially for the group of people like Gamers,Bloggers,Coders,IT Technicians,Video editors,etc. who are glued to the computer for majority time of the day. Usually, these...
Now a days,the usage of mobile phones became excess and almost every person uses a mobile phone. In the environment point of view,the mobile phone radiations are proved to be...
The Director/Producer have to pay the x amount to the y channel for letting their show to be broadcast in their Channel. Moreover they even have to pay to actors...
Finally after a short delay , the LG Optimus G Pro is ready to be introduced in the country.It seems to be the LG's response to the Samsung Galaxy Note...