How people get banned here?

Hi All,

I have a question here , how people gets banned , i have seen a person named Praveena banned i saw her advertising something about VLSI is that the reason ?
Are there any warinings as such or no chance is given for people ?
Guys please give a rigid answer that ALL people will follow and doesnt gets banned here.

😎😎😎
sandy

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Short Answer: People who do not have right intentions, get banned.

Long Answer:

Good that you asked. The forum moderators have the right to ban the people. We all (all CEans) are committed to building a professional, crazy & fun community. The mods have been with CE for a long time now and are experts in identifying spammers. Sometimes, there are automated bots set up to put advertisement links in posts or there are paid spammers who leave linkbacks to their websites through posts. Their intention is purely to gain traffic. They add no value to CE Forums and 99.9% of the times, one time visitors.

I call them dumb spammers.

Another category of spammers is the 'smart spammers'. They usually advertise their services in the form of question-answer. That is, one of the spammer will ask very specific question about a service or a product and leave. Another account is then created to reply to that post with a link to the product or service that is being advertised.

There is one more category: Make racist comments, use abusive language et cetra. These members may get a warning before they are banned.

Others - need not worry. We are all good people here πŸ˜€ . Respect everyone and please follow the protocol. Don't even bother about getting banned. We don't do it unless required.

Does that answer your question?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's a recent example - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The_Big_K
    Here's a recent example - #-Link-Snipped-#
    Yes i just checked this one and it too was banned .
    Thanks for the answer biggie your answer completely answers my question and dos and donts are perfect.

thankyouπŸ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Banning is like taking out the garbage. Its not fun, but its a necessity to make sure the house stays clean for everyone living there πŸ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    :smile:wow, what an analogy.:smile:
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    getting banned in any forum is bad,reputation gets spoiled,CE give lots of freedom to its members to view their ideas....and you should make its proper use!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, let me clarify - we have unbanned people at times. There had been cases when people spammed the forums; got banned, sent a request to unban the account (and they'll not repeat the mistakes) and got their accounts back.

There was a startup company that created an account with username same as their company's name. Started advertising their services and got banned. Guess what? Whenever someone searched on Google for their name, we'd appear on #2 position (of course, below their official website) as " is banned" 😁 . The CEO wrote to me requesting permanent deletion of account or removing the banned status. We happily unbanned them.

[PS: We are nice, good, lovable fellas here ]
  • gohm
    gohm
    wow, how interesting!

The_Big_K
    Well, let me clarify - we have unbanned people at times. There had been cases when people spammed the forums; got banned, sent a request to unban the account (and they'll not repeat the mistakes) and got their accounts back.

There was a startup company that created an account with username same as their company's name. Started advertising their services and got banned. Guess what? Whenever someone searched on Google for their name, we'd appear on #2 position (of course, below their official website) as " is banned" 😁 . The CEO wrote to me requesting permanent deletion of account or removing the banned status. We happily unbanned them.

[PS: We are nice, good, lovable fellas here ]
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    you give respect and take respect thats all.....

😁😁😁
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Look Sandy...hope biggie has clarified all...besides this a small note will be if you deliver for CE"s betterment you shall never be banned,but you have to stay judiously in the policies we had furnished here for our CE'ians better platform & clean communication space

Thanks,
    J2R

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the difference between PNP & NPN inductive proximity switch? How it differs in application wise? which is the best for automation industry?
Any body can tell what is burden in current transformer?
πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜• Ive had been watching lot of movies online lately,so there had been error msg showing low virtual memory.So to avoid this msg i increased virtual memory size ,but since...
Details about HEWITT company?
Please give me some mini projects using c language - that are not too basic. For example the roll call management systems and attendance systems are over done. I'm looking...