How multiple programming languages are used to develop an application?

Hello guy's
Webservices is the technology using which applications developed in different languages can communicate with each other. I just want to know same technology is also used to develop an application using different programming languages or internally some different technologies are used there ?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yes it can be..
    Basic Idea is to develop an application in one language and create a common way which could be understandable to both application and pass the values to other application module in that common way just like parameters.
    One of the basic and standardized way is to use xml for it.

Since xml tags are user defined which only can be understandable by user defined parsing mechanism, makes xml a slandered and most simplest way to use in modern application web services and user defined inputs.
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    #-Link-Snipped-# I think it will degrade the performance of an application if they are going to use different languages for different layers(I supposed that WEBSERVICES are used there). But again facebook, google and all these famous websites are using different lanuages for his application development. Can you show some reasons ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    When multiple languages are used - they've a specific role to play in the application. For example, on CrazyEngineers, PHP handles all the server side rendering of pages, MySQL handles the data systems, JavaScript & AJAX handle how things work on the front end, CSS & HTML are responsible for overall look & feel of the website etc.

In short - each language plays a very specific & dedicated role in major web applications.
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    #-Link-Snipped-# no sir i mean that different server side programming languages are used for the development of a single application like internally facebook is using java,c++,python,erlang,php(i think php is used for presentation layer because response time of php is faster than others) here the wiki link is saying Programming Languages Used In Most Popular Websites
    Actually i know every specific language has their own strength so we may use use some specific language for specific work but using WEBSERVICES to communicate between the modules by providing services will definitely degrade the performance of the application that is why i asked that WEBSERVICES is the technology that they are using to develop an application using different languages ?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    First we need to think about why webservices used...
    (Here we assume that one application/module can't have access to database of other module because of security reason.)

If you have developed a application in language A say IRCTC.co.in and it needs to communicate or use date from with IndianRail.gov.in which is developed in language B.
    Now you have two options..
    either you develop one of the application in language compatible to other application and access the business logic.(Which is very costly job)
    Second option: use web services as plugin on both application and pass the requested objects through very simple format xml.
    Now come to Performance:

Yes, It will degrade the performance because conversion of object into xml and then again into language specific, I don't think its degrade significant performance.
    But, It's a tradeoff whether you need Performance or security or cost.
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    #-Link-Snipped-# that is for what web services are used for communication between different applications. But i am saying about single application. My question is can we develop an application using different languages(For communication between modules web services are used).
    Suppose
    1.For presentation i am using php instead of jsp
    2.For business code i am using java
    3.For the communication between our presentation layer and business layer i am using webservices.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It can be .. you need two servers Java server (like tomcat) and php server and use webservices but if both are at same machine you won't have to use webservices .
    you can try using PHP Java bridge.
    See this
    PHP/Java Bridge
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    #-Link-Snipped-# thanks for the link it's helpful

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi. I am new here. Please tell me how is Samsung Galaxy S duos? I wanna buy this mobile. Does it lacks a lot?
Hello I´m director of a scaffolding company with operations in Catalonia and Balearic Islands. (Spain). Pere Roca ( Pere is Peter in catalan)
hay guys​ i want to develop an application based on cryptography but i have little bit confution which algorithm should i used and why. i want to encrypt taxt ,...
Hi There is a Standard for the percentage of the dead weight of the near walls of a demolition? That is for calculate de scaffolding necessery to support the near...