View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12921 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

How much monthly salary does one need to travel in private jets in India on a regular basis?

? It's been my dream for long. I just want to set my goals right. Any inputs, engineers?

https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-it-cost-to-fly-using-a-private-jet-in-India

INR 60,000 x n  where n is the number of flight hours in a month in addition to whatever you feel like having for living expenses can be a starting figure.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Mar 10, 2019

The salary doesn't really matter. What you need is real connections and super-rich friends who can take you along in their private jet. I think this approach is way better than figuring out how to make more money or get super promotions in the job. ? 

Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare • Mar 10, 2019

Let's consider that Rs. 60K is needed for 1 private jet flight every month. Then it should be available as loose change every month. Say your monthly expenses are ~ 50K for an above average lifestyle. For additional miscellaneous expenses and money for investment/savings purpose ~ 50K. We can safely say that 2L per month would be sufficient for 1 private jet flight a month.

? Super rough calculations. But let us know what you think.

@Ankita Katdare , maybe we can try a different tack. Train to be a pilot and take a job flying private jets. Then one can get a substantial monthly check and fly for free!

Such great answers guys! ? It feels like by far having a friend is the easiest and training to be a pilot is most challenging. Is Chauffeur driven private jets a thing, guys? Because that's what feels like the most royal and prestigious..

Share this content on your social channels -